London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
28/07/2012 at 21:17

Hey jean! Glad your sausage was ok!

Yeah, Geoff, he'll know. Or should, else he's sacked!!

28/07/2012 at 23:40

Jean they attached the teardrops to gas pipes and then they formed the cauldron.

We needed pudding so decided to walk to the shops to get some ice-cream, very little left on the shelf

28/07/2012 at 23:45

Flavoured or vanilla? Jess has that neopolitan one, but I like choc chip mint. Never seem to get it though.

28/07/2012 at 23:50

The selection was so limited we ended up with Mars Bar ones, I actually like toffee flavoured ice cream.

28/07/2012 at 23:59

I tried those Rolo Ice creams a few weeks ago. Tasted lovely, but gone too quick.

29/07/2012 at 07:04

I had a couple of pints of cream left from open day and decided to try and make some ice cream with it. I thought I had seen a recipe where you add double cream to bought custard so I mixed the two together and put it in the freezer. I wouldn't be able to break it the a hammer so that recipe(?) didn't work  I don't have an ice cream maker

Pam x

29/07/2012 at 07:06

I have an ice cream maker but she is still asleep

29/07/2012 at 07:55

It's a sunny morning so I shall do some jobs outside this morning, to make up for yesterday's lazy telly-watching day. There's the ladies cycle race this afternoon, 11.50 till 4pm. We have chances, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reassuring to see Phelps do a Cav. The best preparation just isn't enough.

29/07/2012 at 07:57

I woke up with BIG thirst - must be bbq. We didn't have pudding- ate too much. Thanks for explaining that Kate - going to watch the rest today. Saw Mike Oldfield though.  Thought the N. H. S. bit was really good - had small cry probally due to 2 glasses of wine -  I just can't drink anymore -must be an age thing  We have a little rain but got grass cut yesterday so not to bothered . Big job breaking out today. We are going to take some branches off the weeping cherry . It got blossom wilt so I got rid of that and now it's lopsided so it's getting chopped. Houseplants need sorting as well . Geoff, what house plants have you got ? remember you saying you had jungle plants.

29/07/2012 at 10:05

We have sunshine, I am going to pinch out  my hibiscus today and throw away the remaining tomatoes

Pam I have successfully made that recipe of ice cream, I added a chopped snickers bar, but if I remember correctly it does say take out of the freezer 20 mins before serving.

Gary where shall I put the tenner today?

29/07/2012 at 11:02

OK am back!

Quick resume- now have emptied 4 compost bins & refilled 2! 1 leaf cage also empty, another converted to an open mixed compost/leaf 'bin'. Wasnt too stiff yesterday. BTW DONT believe an 'expert' who says site your bins under trees etc! What they dont tell you is said tree roots invade the bottom of your compost bin/leaf cage & create a lovely (not) layer of compaction plus roots!!! Anyway job well done after 6 mths delay- I normally toss compost Feb/Aug & this yr wasnt allowed to do the Feb session.

Ikea delivery now scheduled for September!! Date to be arranged & still at sale price- phew.

Wedding went really well yesterday. Finally found the reception venue & which was good. Unfortunately I began to feel pretty rough early evening so we came home. Still it was lovely to see everybody again & the bride looked wonderful.

OH now waiting on better weather later on, we hope, to get my new, huge coldframe outside via the patio doors to its' new permanent home. I've already got soaked once earlier this morning moving the existing duff c/f & contents out of the way & also removing the plant sucers from beneath pots after yesterdays' heavy rain here!

Am actually watching Olympic swimming etc! J.

29/07/2012 at 11:33
kate1123 wrote (see)
Gary where shall I put the tenner today?

I suggest you have a fiver on Marianne Vos, and a fiver on Judith Arndt. And maybe a fiver on Giorgia Bronzini, all of whom could be big trouble in the bike race.

And also, a fiver on Stanislas Wawrinka, who is playing Andy at Wimbledon, 2pm.

Oh, and also a fiver on Lucie Safarova, who is playing Laura Robson, at 1.30. And a fiver on Silvia Soler Espinosa, playing Heather Watson, same time, different court.

Sorry about the slight overspend. But these are all good investments.

The women's 8s rowing is quite a spectacle. 8 strong women in each boat. Unfortunately, I think an investment in the USA crew is a lost cause.

29/07/2012 at 12:18

Not a betting person, but am enjoying the swimming. I have the remote! Used to club swim, badly, many, many moons ago......

OH sorting through some gorgeous photos of hellebores he took at Dunham earlier this year. Perhaps for my calendar?

Coldframe now outside with a niger seed feeder inside it to stop the squirrel! J.

29/07/2012 at 13:29

The investment advice is purely for Kate. She has a particular knack. The advice really won't work if anyone else tries it.

On and off rain showers have deveoped here, so have come indoors, and it's a good excuse to watch telly. The bike race around Surrey seems to be experiencing similar weather.

29/07/2012 at 14:20

Gary that is an expensive list, I shall be expecting some good returns.

Jo September, really what compensation did they offer?

29/07/2012 at 14:21

Have had really heavy thundery showers-been trying to do all sorts of things outside and now missions completed

Jean -a lot of the house plants are outside for the summer-well the smaller ones anyway-but in the corner is a rubber plant and a cheeseplant.

Am watching ladies on bikes-still don't really get it

29/07/2012 at 14:27

Geoff surely it is the first one to cross the line??? Have I missed something? I watched some Judo, that seemed to be 4 years training for 3 minutes

29/07/2012 at 14:32

I don't know what a peneton is-they go all that way and then sprint for the line-there seem to be team orders- but only one wins.

I watched bows and arrows yesterday-how sporty is that-not even proper bows

29/07/2012 at 14:39

Gardening postponed at the Mo due to rain! Dinner at Daughter's at 3pm, no guessing who supplied the veg! Oh n the beef come to think of it! 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10352.jpg?width=640&height=350&mode=max

Oh! n I really must invest in some new gardening attire! Or I too shall end up gardening in a thong at this rate!!

29/07/2012 at 14:42

That would explain why Mark Cavendish was complaining about the tactics I always thought that shooting would be an ideal sport for me