Start a new thread

2,901 to 2,920 of 29,275 replies

sotongeoff

He might be on today or tomorrow-not sure

Another prospect gone-there is ladies dive-bombing on now

kate1123

Any viewings yet?

sotongeoff

No -he seems to have gone way for a while-the windows are open for the cat-don't know who is feeding it-I need training in curtain twitching-can you help?

kate1123

The secret is listening, you need to be able to distinguish between passing noise and stuff happening. You then need a variety of activities to occupy vantage points, an example is to iron next to an upstairs window, recycling bins are placed to get a good view of the road etc.

sotongeoff

Because we live in a close -we do notice strange cars or people-OH often says who is that parking there or there?Nothing much gets unnoticed

Saw the first XFactor plug last night-I will soon be back in tv heaven

Advertisement

Lottiebeans

I am missing all the Lympic action - going to work gets in the way of so many important things! I am relying on you guys to keep me informed.

Geoff, you need to keep a window open nearest the neighbour house so that you can be alerted to any comings and goings. Alternatively, bribe the estate agents!

kate1123

The only problem is that XF is at the start of autumn.

Lottie surely your boss has installed a large screen tv?

Pottie Pam

I watched a bit of the horsey crosscountry yesterday and loved the airbag thingy that inflated when they fell off. I might take up riding again.

kate1123

pottiepam you have answered a query for me, I thought I was imagining things.

Geoff, 

jo4eyes

I was surprised at the airbag thingy- come on, that's being too careful. Falling off horses is all part of the fun! Ok still no idea how I ended up with a neat hoof print across my 5yr old chest. Mum not impressed & friends' Mum equally cross, but dont think anyone owned up......

Enjoying flicking chanels & watching all sorts.

Retail therapy, plus a coffee, of course, this morning. Did some food shopping & a tip visit. Have done a bit of cutting back of an Escallonia so that when OH parks where he did this last w/end, nobody gets soaked sqeezing past his car! Cannot get any more into the wheely bin. J.

kate1123

Really Jo, sounds nasty.

FloBear

Why is it you go out to do one quick job - ie pot on the plant you just bought -and it turns into a 2 hour task involving discovering forgotten daff. bulbs, digging over a spare bit of soil, planting said bulbs and fencing off newly dug area to prevent hedgehogs, chickens, dogs and any passing wildlife undoing all your work?

jo4eyes

Only memory I have is of lying on my back with friend & her 2 older brothers leaning over me, oh & the anger of the 2 Mums!! No lasting damage- well that's what I assume.

Always found a spare pony to ride when younger- no proper hats, back protectors nor any thing like that & spending all day out in the woods or riding across the hills locally. Now I know just how worried the Mums were, but they never said! J.

Advertisement

kate1123

Flo it is always the same when I try to clean, I find a book I meant to read and 2 hours later, where has time gone

Curried mince with rice and peas tonight.

FloBear

Kate, found this under Extreme Knitting. No pattern, though.

Or could knit airbags for horses.

sotongeoff

Kate tries to clean-then finds a book as an excuse not to

Pizza and chips-sounds like a 3 yr old menu

I was never allowed a motor-bike

Miss Becks

I'll swap your pizza for our hot dogs Geoff, which is tonights choice. She doesn't even eat the bun, just the sausage! I have mine on part baked baguettes.

Evening everyone.

FloBear

Have random veg to use up. Some sort of stir-fry then, with whatever odds and ends of sauces I can find. Chuck in chick peas for protein.

OH reckons his home-made chips are truly yummy - he practised when I was away a couple of weekends ago!! - so I'm having chips this w/end. Not sure what with, though.