London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
13/10/2012 at 21:37

Evening all - you've all been busy bees today.  Enjoyed SCD but agree Bruce's "jokes" are wearing a bit thin now.  Tallking of ghost stories, did anyone see Judy Finnegan on AT's afternoon show this week -  she was so shaky!  Might give her book a try (when it's in the library)

13/10/2012 at 21:42

Evening all.

In answer to various ?s- yes cyclamen, leaves look like aquilegias to me. I also like the little Italian detective, but have to tape it as nobody else here does.

T'was a bit nippy out the back this morning, about 3C! Am watching the temp dropping tonight too, down to 4C at the mo. Have sensor in lounge from one attached to side of shed.

OH & me went shopping- different supermarket, bliss. Very quiet, wide, well stocked isles & an easy carpark. Wouldnt even consider it during the week as en-route to central M/C & traffic is murder, but we needed to source tiles for the 'b' bathroom & showrooms that way. Complete change of ideas on that- looks as if OH spending his 'C' holiday doing tiling- not sure can cope, he took 6mths to fully tile the big bathroom in our previous house......... Wonder if suggestion of 'getting man in' would be safe?

I fancied a getting outside this afternoon, a walk would've been fine, but OH busy on his PC. So I went & trimmed the leyland hedge! Job wellish done & most of the mess in wheely bin. Treeman had done it last year so actually not as difficult for me this, except just not tall enough really, nor happy on top of stepladders with loppers.

No chance to watch SCD here. J.

13/10/2012 at 21:42

I always feel a bit sad for Judy, she has not had the best of health over the years and I think she was persuaded by Richard to keep going to help his career rather than take a sabbatical for her sanity.

13/10/2012 at 21:43

Hi caroline!!

Good Lord Geoff, no thanks. I definately don't do blood, guts and gore. I have settled for abduction by aliens. Film called The Fourth Kind. True story apparently, with original video footage of events dotted in the film every now and again.

13/10/2012 at 21:48

Re SCD & Sir Brucie....anyone notice how annoyed Len was getting with him tonight?

Think it has to be Jerry Hall for the big heave-ho this week.

13/10/2012 at 21:52

Just noticed the banner at the top of the page was advertising M&S "C" food

13/10/2012 at 21:58
Becks, you are too young to remember the old Cadbury's advert where they presented a CDM medal.

I didn't notice Len, he gets a bit irritated with Bruno and Craig sometimes too.
13/10/2012 at 22:09

Shhhhh! I have sneaked away while nobody was looking! 

13/10/2012 at 22:41

My lips are sealed Dean.

13/10/2012 at 22:47

Cheers! Beck's!  They was all having fun! But not my scene!! 

13/10/2012 at 22:48

I'm not a 'social mixer' to be honest. I can mingle for half hour or so, then just want the heck out of there!! LOL

13/10/2012 at 22:54

My thought's entirely He! He!  n obviousl I am not missed!  wouldn't want it any other way! Lol!!

13/10/2012 at 23:13

No nor me. I'm happy to be a hermit and Billy No mates!!

13/10/2012 at 23:14
Lots of mates in here though Becks
13/10/2012 at 23:16

Best mates you can have Glyn! Cyber mates!!

13/10/2012 at 23:44

Here! Here!  Ya get no slather! Lol! Goodnight all! 

13/10/2012 at 23:47
Just watched last weeks Montalbano - naughty Montalbano!
14/10/2012 at 00:06

Ok. I've gone from alien abduction to just plain daft. Blair Witch Project.

Where's Nola tonight?? She better have a note to excuse her absence!

14/10/2012 at 07:52

SCD - pleased the standing ovations have been slightly moderated, but I still feel it's too early in the series for any.

Best performance of the night was undoubtedly Ola Jordan. DVO was excellent too.

Couldn't stop looking at Louis Smith's strange hat. Looked like an ill-fitting toupee, or shoe brush.

Felt that was Nicky Byrne harshly marked. Felt sorry for Karen Hauer, new, and her second week for a roasting, not deserved. His performance had gusto and was worth a lot more than 3. And Micheal Vaughan was harshly marked too.

Who's going out. Well, the couple who come bottom of the judges leaderboard always attract a lot of public votes. This may also apply to positions #2 and #3 from the bottom, especially if those people are popular characters. The bottom 2 were Nicky Byrne and Micheal Vaughan, I've just said they were harshly marked. The public will think so too. Therefore I am predicting that the dance-off this week will be between #4 and #5 from the bottom, Johnny Ball and Richard Arnold. Because it's now a dance-off, the judges will then make a rational decision between those two. They will evict Johnny Ball, partly because this will save the all complications with Aliona's ankle.

So it will bye-bye Johnny.

It rained here yesterday, despite a good forecast. But it's definitely wall-to-wall sunshine today.

14/10/2012 at 08:58

Morning All.

FROSTY Brrrrr - here this morning, will be busy today getting tender plants undercover, if I'm not too late.

Thought SCD was a good show last night, Louis Smith had what I thought was a rather peculiar hairdo. I think he had had the lower part of his head shaved and the rest shaped? I thought it look very odd, but then perhaps that's the fashion good performance though. I have really warmed to Darcey, she gives good constructive advice. The music is excellent too.

Bruce was just as cringe making as usual, believe it or not he actually has someone to write for him. I'd change scriptwriter if I were him. As for who's going this week, I wouldn't like to say, maybe Johnny Ball, or Michael Vaughan, but they both try and are lovely competitors. Time will tell.

Have a good day cyber friends.

ChrisX