London (change)
Fri 17°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 11°C
19/11/2012 at 22:17

Night Lottie.

19/11/2012 at 22:57

Hi Lottie ( sorry forgotten your real name, although I do read you postings all the time). Helllo .  Hello Becks. Its so expensive for my sisters ( 4 of them) to get to me as flights/ ferrys are really expensive ,I am fortunate that I can fly from the Island to Edinburgh reasonably cheap as I can get residence discount on my flights, not that much cheaper though,  will still cost me about £ 110 .

Becks now you love ghost storys,I so wish I could sit down with you and tell you all about the house that I grew up in, in Edinburgh when I was younger and we actually lived in  a   house with a ghost, well it was more like a  living spirit, the lady  made her pressence well known to us. She moved  things around, moved from room to room, all that stuff!! In the early days my mum and dad slept with a axe under the bed butas time went on ( over 20 years) we all got used to her and  her weird ways and she became a part of the family. Sadly we left the house, whilst we were packing she made her pressence known to us in many weird ways! 

Miss B x

19/11/2012 at 23:05

I can well believe that Miss B. Edinburgh is steeped with history, and is believed to be one of the most haunted cities in the UK. One day I will visit up there, and would love to take a look around The Vaults, although preferably without one of those money grabbing tours. And Greyfriars Graveyard.

19/11/2012 at 23:20

Becks, so often that is sadly the case with these so called " .tours".If you do ever get the chance to go to Edinburgh I would say a little bit of reaearch and you could do your own ghost tour no expense spaird!  Just beware of spirits/ghouls by the name of geoff! !! Speedos were popular in the 18th Century!

Miss B x

19/11/2012 at 23:28

I believe Geoff's speedos do in fact have there own ghoulish history!

19/11/2012 at 23:35

The smell will be the give away!!  Miss B  x Oh yeh and the  colour !

19/11/2012 at 23:36

Has Jess gone to be?

19/11/2012 at 23:37

That should say bed.. ?

19/11/2012 at 23:59

Yeah, went about 10.30pm. Just watching Exorcist. The beginning!

20/11/2012 at 00:07

love the exorcist! . ...  Enjoy! Im watching a few good men.. suitable for  falling asleep to... Buenas noches

Miss B x

20/11/2012 at 00:11

Enjoy! And goodnight! x

20/11/2012 at 04:35
Away in a manger
Now get me some beer
I'm sure the weird neighbour would much prefer gear
But if he spoils Christmas by being a Pratt
He'll get a left hook from a pink baseball bat!
20/11/2012 at 06:42

Morning forkers.

Was up dark and early this morning. It's very mild outside, but a wet day is forecast. So won't be doing anything outside. Hope Becks gets on OK with her changeover. I see, just above, that she still had a connection after midnight.

From the papers this morning - an item in the Splading Guardian: What Christmas pressie can you buy for the gardener who 'has everything?':
http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/lifestyle/lifestyle-and-leisure-news/gardening-with-daphne-what-do-you-buy-the-gardener-with-it-all-1-4500506

The article is virtually an advert for the Envirofeed Jug. It's a kitchen-top waste recycler. "This is a liquid plant food maker which will make up to two litres of free organic liquid plant food fertiliser from green waste from the kitchen and garden, such as lettuce leaves, carrot tops, etc."

Product details: http://www.twowests.co.uk/product/envirofeed-jug

I have the feeling that I've seen something very similar (a kitchen-top composter) on Dragon's Den not long ago, which the Dragon's panned. Am not convinced that it works, surely it must take weeks for the food to break down. And am not convinced that it doesn't smell or attract flies. But at £12, affordable, as a stocking filler, I suppose.

20/11/2012 at 07:15
Morning, dec
Ded to stay in bed a bit longer this morning, well 20 mins, feel a bit like a zombie. I hate going to work in the dark, but lovely to see the sunrise over the hills on the way.

Busy day today, so will have to catch up later.
Have a lovely days all, if you have the weather do a bit of gardening for me!
Glyn
20/11/2012 at 08:21

Morning all.  Quite mild here too but feels very damp outside - not surprised after yesterday, we had a right old soaking. Woke up with a headache this morning.  Think it could be the result of eating too many M&Ms before bedtime. Having a choc-free day today.

Looks an interesting little gizmo. Geog , but don't think I'd like it on the worktop. Like you, got a feeling it would start to smell  and I'm fully awake now. That Britta advert burst into life as I was reading up on the product - jumped out of my skin

Morning Glyn, don't work to hard and enjoy the drive

20/11/2012 at 09:15

Bloomin' eck, Dean, you were an early bird this morning!
Morning all forkers as and when you arrive and hello there to Miss Bateman.

It appears to be still more or less dark here, very hard to get going on a morning like this.

Have a good day, whatever you do. I'm off to spend the morning (??day) sorting out stuff for the dog rescue Christmas Fair on Sat.

20/11/2012 at 09:28

Hola evebod

Just done the swimming run-more cars in the wet gloom with no lights-and it always seems to be the darker coloured cars

Gary that table-top composter was something made in the grown up Apprentice last year-it didn't go down that well-looks like the idea has been nicked

Glyn-winter is definitely no fun for the workers-will pop up and do some pruning for you in a minute-leave the key in the usual spot

Flo have a good rummage do not come back home with anything

Jean-I'm watching you -my eyes/spies are everywhere

20/11/2012 at 09:30

Gary-week 2

http://enterprise.shef.ac.uk/2012/04/apprentice%E2%80%A6-hope

same week as the bath splash screen

20/11/2012 at 09:35

Is Evebod Miss Bateman's first name?

Geoff, how did you know I'm likely to come back home with 'stuff' ?  ;- )

20/11/2012 at 09:38

Evebod-he is Spanish init.

Bonjourno