London (change)
Today 16°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
31/12/2012 at 18:14

If you turn it on and am bombarded with adverts it is likely IE

If it is Firefox can point you in the direction of an ad-blocker and the Radio Times thing won't happen again

Can you see Mozilla Firefox anywhere on the screen?

31/12/2012 at 18:17

NYS, just gone completely out and come all the way in again. If this makes sense to you when I switch on I get 'starting Windows', 'Dell', 'Sasha' and then I put in my password in that order. Any the wiser? I aren't!

31/12/2012 at 18:20

Then what happens?-what comes up on the screen? does this look familiar?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/internetexplorer03.jpg

31/12/2012 at 18:21

Yes Geoff, just cooking sweetcorn cobs first with bubble & squeak, using last nights' left-over vegs to follow. J.

31/12/2012 at 18:21

Sasha - you sound just like me and computers but since being a forker I have improved

31/12/2012 at 18:22

Or this

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/firefox03.png

31/12/2012 at 18:23

NYS, neither ..... do I need to sit on the naughty step?

31/12/2012 at 18:24

Jo-good-a new years resolution for you

"Daughter and husband will do more to help-as strange people keep nagging me"

Now repeat after me

31/12/2012 at 18:27

Sasha -it might be Google Chrome-does that sound familiar?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/dlpage_alt.jpg

31/12/2012 at 18:32

NYS, yes Google Chrome does sound familiar ..... in fact all my icons are Google Chrome. Does that mean I am with Google Chrome so to speak?

Have eaten too many Pringles and dead cheese straws....I have this strange idea that if I clear the decks I shall start the weight loss programme with all the best of intentions tomorrow! Anyone else doing this....guzzling everything on sight tonight?

31/12/2012 at 18:34

Very good new years evening to all. Showed my face at work, but left promptly after lunch. I'm very excited at the prospect of a dry and sunny day tomorrow, will be sowing my first seeds. I know it's early but just can't wait any longer

Flo re the ironing shedule. I am blessed with a strong allergic reaction to ironing, to the point that I am unable to have one in the house

Caz- yes I too have to pay 5p for a carrier or 10p if I want a really strong one! I've sort of got to used it now.

Watched the making of the new Snowman with Raymond Briggs, really enjoyed it. Saw the whole programme after....... lovely, something about animation drawn by hand.

31/12/2012 at 18:45

Sasha - very much a case of eat now and tomorrow I will cut down. Now lost 2 1/2 stone, mind you it's taken 11 months.

Dressed in proper clothes, bit of perfume, (don't know why I've done that as OH no sense of smell), brushed hair, pudding in oven ( recipe off another thread thanks to Artjak) ready for my New Year Eve. May be back later, have to see.

Have a good evening if I don't come back, nothing too raucous

31/12/2012 at 18:48

Hello jackie frost...I am Sasha and live in Cambridge.

Yes, I agree that the thought of a dry and sunny day tomorrow is a good one.....I shall try and do a bit of gardening before I go out to lunch. Good luck with your seed sowing 

Have to go forkers .....friends due any minute.....all the best for 2013 to all of you and good health especially

31/12/2012 at 18:51

Happy New Year to all my fellow forkers. Looking forward to a better and happier year. The tree managed to stay in one piece although theyve got it in for a teddy bear ornament, they seem to think its better on the floor. A very kind friend gave the cats some cat nip treats, 3 stoned cats. Hope you all had a good christmas.

31/12/2012 at 19:05

Yes Geoff....she says drinking wine & not typing straight....

BTW off to see Ken Dodd in Feb! Just seen Milton Jones on celeb Mastermind - he'd be fun to go & see too.

Now to think of sensible, do-able resolutions for me garden related. J.

31/12/2012 at 19:08

And you Maud

Sasha-sounds as though you will have to put up with intrusive averts then

Bjay-are you tarting yourself up to stay in?

So Jackie-what will you be sowing??

31/12/2012 at 19:11
Evening, watched Red Baron and SoM this pm, enjoyed both. No plans for this evening, I think we are becoming anti-social! Haven't even been out since Friday, it's just nice not to have to do anything in particular, especially when he weather is this bad.

Been raining and windy all day. Keep looking out of the window at the garden, pining. Going back over RHS magazines and GWs, not quite the same though. Oh well, at least the days are getting longer now, not long till the first snowdrop walk.

Ham and cheese omelette tonight, OH making it!

Have a lovely evening whether party going or not.
31/12/2012 at 19:13
Jo, you will have to take a snack to KD, it will be a long show!
31/12/2012 at 19:15

Hi Sasha, have a great evening and let us all enjoy some drier days. It feels like it has been raining for weeks.

Some happy cats there Maud, I've got 2 kittens maybe they are a bit young for that sort of thing

Just noticed how I can use the christmas smilies, I did know that I was short sighted but not that much!!

31/12/2012 at 19:19

Jo you will also need a she-wee-got a Milton Jones CD last year-OK for a bit but it does get a bit wearing

Bit late now Jackie -Christmas is nearly over-but it will be back