London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
03/01/2013 at 19:03

Oh Dean, that's good. never easy, but sounds as if you all 'did him proud'.

Bjay- you never know... Seriously me & OH are planning to do more 'sightseeing' visits down Worcs/Gloucs/Shropshire areas in the future. Daft now no actual connections, just memories. Over the last yrs we've always stayed in NWorcs/Black country borders, with Dad. Apart from trips down to Oxford to OH's Aunt/uni drop offs/pick ups we rarely explored much further. We're NT members, so really must use it more down there.

Tree now 'apart' so need to flatten into the box & tape box up. J.

03/01/2013 at 19:15

Dean, you did good.

03/01/2013 at 19:20
Evening, bacon and eggs for tea, OH making?

Be is, was the iPad a family present then.???

My tat goes to the charity shop, can't bear the thought do getting up at the crack of dawn to do a car boot. We are currently decluttering, great pile of mags gone now. Won't belong till the piles is there again.

Gyn
03/01/2013 at 19:23

Glyn -you have piles?-there is a cream I can prescribe for that.

Dr Geoff

03/01/2013 at 19:35

SH** just wrote a long post sent, site or whatever crashed and post didn't get through.

Basically:

Jo I'll save HW for you OK

Can rcommend some places to visit, not a lot as new to area. Let me know

We got rid of our tat, now full of my others tat

Sorry Dean forgot to say pleased it went OK yesterday, still a difficult time though

03/01/2013 at 19:43

Evenin' all. Dun rescuin'  for today, 4 calls in 4 hours to take dogs in

What a lot has passed since I clocked in at coffee break!

Dean, glad the send-off went well.

03/01/2013 at 19:44

How many dogs do you re-home Flo. Are theyhard to place?

03/01/2013 at 19:45

Glyn, it was ordered by myself, for myself back in October, finally came today. It wasn't intended as a family present, but it seems madam thinks otherwise. She'll soon get bored as the novelty wears off.

03/01/2013 at 19:54

Flo -is that usual at this time of year?

Becks-you will not say that when at 16 she is a computer whizz-kid and showing you how to do stuff

03/01/2013 at 19:57

Becks CITV this w/end doing old childrens' programs- some may interest Jess. Then she'll hopefully give you a chance?

Need to go down to shed tomorrow to get the big roll of strong twine to tie up tree box. Box was actually a Dyson box, but does just as well. We've also nearly run out of parcel tape, as well as ordinary string- so on shopping list.

Forecast looks much better, well couldnt be worse, for us over next few days. So I shall get into garden to actually do something!

The ironing can wait..... shattered now. Keep forgetting am supposed to take things easy occasionally. Then the tiredness suddenly arrives & nothing gets done at all.

Signing off now to flop, J.

03/01/2013 at 19:59

Will look out for that jo! night.

03/01/2013 at 20:09

Bjay, we're only a little rescue and I think we rehome between 4 and 8 a month plus some go straight to known volunteers - like our Maisie-moo who we pounced on the day she was brought in!

Geoff, as far as I know we don't have a worse problem at this time of year than at any other though sometimes the Christmas hol. brings problems to a head in families and the dog may be a loser in that situation. It's a bit too early for Christmas puppies to be discarded yet.

03/01/2013 at 20:13

Night Joanna,Josephine John-boy

There is a programme on ITV at 9 about people moving from England to the Sun-does not sound encouraging

03/01/2013 at 20:27

Evening all!  There certainly was a lot to catch up on today. Am enjoying all the photos of your gardens - loved the wheelbarrow planter Gary made you BJay.  Deano - good you did you mate proud with a good send off.

Jo - it's OK to have a rest you know .

Bought some tomato seeds today - 6 varieties for £1.99 (half price) and a couple of packs of flower seeds (2 for 99p)..  Had fish & chips from chippie for tea.  Perfick

03/01/2013 at 20:27

Is it called 'Benidorm' ! That will be you!

03/01/2013 at 20:33

That is tomorrow night you plonker-this is called Trouble Abroad-I'd rather it was" It is Lovely Abroad"

Caz !!-how you diddling?

03/01/2013 at 20:34

I'm jealous that someone else had posted a photo of their dongle

03/01/2013 at 20:37

I posted a picture of mine but it was so small you couldn't see it

03/01/2013 at 20:39

I was joking!! Didn't even know it was on.

03/01/2013 at 20:44

Geoff - perhaps Gary can enhance it with "photoshop"