London (change)
Today 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
01/02/2013 at 07:27

Morning forkers  Lots of doggy stuff to read about - lovely pics.

Was absent yesterday as i was not a happy bunny. Spent a good while cleaning broken glass up from patio and garden. Like most of you, we had terrific gales here and a gust of wind blew the bbq cover clean off and as it sailed through the air it decapited all the glass balls on my solar lights. They weren't expensive but they were really pretty and now they are no more  Just left with a pile of sticks poking up from the ground. Glass was everywhere

Right off for more coffee. Rant over.

01/02/2013 at 07:38
Awww jean ((hugs)) get the sticks out and get ready to replace , no point looking at those reminding you.
Coffee will make things right
01/02/2013 at 07:46

Here is the 2 1/2 yr old Olive...as in black olive

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18084.jpg?width=166&height=221&mode=max

01/02/2013 at 08:02
Awww jean ((hugs)) get the sticks out and get ready to replace , no point looking at those reminding you.
Coffee will make things right
01/02/2013 at 08:34

Good Morning All.

It's a pain about your lights Jean, we have got some old fashioned garden lights,that work off the mains, and most of the shades were blown all over the garden, some ending up in the pond, but otherwise we were luck enough to get away with no damage to the garden and fences.

Bunny, --  lovely dog and by the way, you have an echo

ChrisX

01/02/2013 at 08:39
Thanks ...Lol echo echo echo echo echo ....blame the iPad !
01/02/2013 at 08:41

Morning forkers,

Damp here, but lots of chattering birds.

TV highlight tonight - Monty's new series begins. This photo is from Radio Times. I think the Monet garden will be next week...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18088.jpg?width=425&height=350&mode=max

01/02/2013 at 08:46

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18089.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max

Looking forward to Monty's prog tonight. We have visited a few of the gardens he is featuring, Villandry being a particular favourite. the French vegetable gardens are really spectacular. Should be well worth watching, perhaps give us some ideas for this years planting, will just need to be scaled down somewhat

01/02/2013 at 08:50
Scaled down chris ??? Awwwwwwww hehe .
I shall park myself for my gardening fix tonight , OH needs to make himself busy elsewhere rather than sit moaning tbh I doesn't tend to sit in here til 9 so I get a good slot for me .....downside is looking outside afterwards to my somewhat lacking garden . Hey ho .
01/02/2013 at 09:01

Morning all.

Wet and miz here, not too windy thnk goodness. Poor Jean, it's so sad to see lovely things spoilt.

Bunny, I love Olive as dog name and she looks gorgeous  but aren't black animals difficult to photograph?

Lizzie, Tigger is so cute. My sister's collie always has his tongue tip protruding in photos. I'd never been bothered either way about the breed until I fostered a 10 year old rescue three years ago. He had a few 'issues' as collies sometimes do and must have been hit with a lead as he would cower if you accidentally moved it too close to his head. He repaid the effort I put in and I fell in love with him. If I hadn't been workign I would have kept him but, after 5 months a lovely lady adopted him. She send me the occasional update and they are very happy together.

Where's Bjay? I want to see the new avatar!

01/02/2013 at 09:16

Morning lovelies!

Had a poorly little girl last night, but she has improved this morning! Although she is milking it, angling for a day off nursery.

Oh Jean, what a pain in the arse. Are they expensive to replace?

01/02/2013 at 09:17

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18092.jpg?width=166&height=221&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18093.jpg?width=166&height=221&mode=max

yes tend to need plenty sun!!! we got olive from lad i worked with, last pup of his sons ....no home to go to , siblings all gone....and what a character she is!!!

01/02/2013 at 09:18

awww poor little thing, is she having a mummy day ?

01/02/2013 at 09:21

Not if I can help it Bunny!! She'll be there, just as normal!

01/02/2013 at 09:25

You're a hard woman Becks, just joking, hope she is ok That's kids for you up and down.

01/02/2013 at 09:34
Hehehe poor mite
01/02/2013 at 09:39

Chris! I know a perfectly well little girl when I see one. Yesterday, when she came home from nursery, all she did was lie on the settee with a blanket on her, and never moved until bedtime. In fact she fell asleep on there. That is NOT Jess.

This morning, she is finger painting, in and out the fridge (not literally ) and on and off her scooters, back to normal. She is fine! She has just said she wants to go now.

01/02/2013 at 09:41

morning all

wet here but no wind

jen its horrible when you work hard to have a nice garden then it gets destroyed by wind

01/02/2013 at 09:42

Glad she's better, going to see my"little girl" of 34 later today.

Darren. We all suffer from wind from time to time

01/02/2013 at 09:43

So sorry about your lights Jean.

Hope your little girl is better soon Becks. Children get ill and better again very quickly. I had four. 6 grandchildren! Probably more to come.

Lovely dog Bunny, Tigger would like her. Great name.

Looking forward to Monty's French gardens programme. Not many French gardens open to the public round here. A lot of topiary in them, which isn't really my thing although it can give structure. I like flowers, the more the merrier.