Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 397 replies

James A-Sinclair@JamesASinclair Jul 14

#cabinetreshuffle I am pleased to announce that I have been made Secretary of State for canapés and cheesy wotsits. I love my country.

Phaidra says:

James A-Sinclair@JamesASinclair Jul 14

#cabinetreshuffle I am pleased to announce that I have been made Secretary of State for canapés and cheesy wotsits. I love my country.

See original post

Thank you for this, Phedra.  It's so sardonically amusing.  I love the man!

Last edited: 17 July 2016 22:26:17

So sorry about my spelling, Phaidra.  I think I was subconsciously remembering that when somebody pronounced your name "Feed-ra", you said you felt you wanted to tell them, "Fed-ra", thus the "e" instead of "ai".  Apologies! 

Danae dan-Ah-ee says:

So sorry about my spelling, Phaidra.  I think I was subconsciously remembering that when somebody pronounced your name "Feed-ra", you said you felt you wanted to tell them, "Fed-ra", thus the "e" instead of "ai".  Apologies! 

See original post

No need to apologise at all, Danae.  When it comes to misspellings, I'm probably one of the worst "offenders".

Advertisement

1Runnybeak1

Phaidra.   Ooooh, House of vol u vents next ?   You made  me smile Phaidra. 

1Runnybeak1 says:

Phaidra.   Ooooh, House of vol u vents next ?   You made  me smile Phaidra. 

See original post
I'm glad, but I think it's the actual author who deserves admiration!
I also love Danae's Bobby who took "your" for "you're".  Wonderful 

I know that need for laughing rather than screaming at the so very sad.

That's got to be a joke....surely it has? 

Oh well, at least the person holding it seems pleased with himself.

Advertisement

I was feeding my hens some corn, when I noticed the label said it was a 'complimentary chicken feed'. That made me giggle, as I thought of it telling them how good they looked today, and how clever they were to be eating it!

I know English spelling is a minefield but mistakes can make you smile too, like people with bear feet

A friend of mine has recently injured a fetlock, so she freely admits to spending much of her day sitting in front of the box, foot properly raised, flicking through channels.  It's a hard life, I know.

Yesterday, she phoned me to say that she had just watched an episode of "As Time Goes By" which she could remember from its first time around in the 1990s.  What she couldn't remember though, was that the BBC had dated the series MCMXV.

She was more than impressed that Judi Dench was around in 1915, not to mention television itself, and colour at that!

I later watched the repeat; yes, 1915 it was!

Good old Aunty!

I recorded and watched today's episode.  That too was dated 1915.  It certainly made me giggle on a drzzly evening!

I like the "fetlock" bit.  Is she a horse lover?

You got it in one, Danae.  She adores horses.  I think they should've named her Philippa.  She uses language that relates to horses even in more surprizing instances.  When her daughter accepted a marriage proposal, she told me that Zoe had decided to share a feedbag with her boyfriend!

Amazing how many people use language, originally relating to animals, for human beings. The commonest such words are, probably, paws, beaks, mandibles, amongst others, though I don't think this phenomenon is as common as the anthropomorphising of animals.  All of them are quite amusing, I think, when not used unpleasantly.  Your friend sounds rather humorous.  I hope her daughter is still feeding out of the same nosebag with her beloved!