London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 10°C
13/10/2013 at 09:15

Has anyone had a problem with john Deere stuff? We have a jd lawn mower with a faulty ignition barrel had to take it in again yesterday that's 5 times this year. And I thought they were an ace make!!!!!!!

13/10/2013 at 09:15

Morning all. Just catching up on last night's posts. Well- who knew...Santa was a dope head!

Chicky - lovely squirrel pic! They're in many pockets of the Highlands so I've been fortunate enough to get glimpses when hillwalking.They're so small. Hope you enjoy DD! Mine is holding back proceedings as he's still flowering and it's where my new rasied beds are! Little monkey!

Verd - You - impetuous?? Never...

Have to go and get some food soon or the girls will be eating the grass - better than sheep right enough. Then off to get some more compost etc. Got some bulbs planted in pots yesterday at last, so maybe get more in today.

13/10/2013 at 09:16

Sorry Brumbull,  was that me Pouring here. So glad we did the shed yesterday! Looks like its here for the day sky very black. Perhaps i'll make a cake. Tea and cake about 3 30?

13/10/2013 at 09:19

Oooh, yes please!  I might make one too if this rain doesn't stop.  I've had an urge to make sausage rolls for about a week now but I don't think we've got any sausages in the freezer - it must mean it's time to start baking for C********!!!

13/10/2013 at 09:32

No, No, No - Christmas baking doesn't get done til October half term.  Thats why its other name is a Bonfire Pudding (any other "naughty little sister" fans out there ?? and I assure you that is a completely innocent reference, before anyone gets smutty).

Today was my gardening day - but I think it will be rained off.  Might go and sort the GH - still have my toms and cucumbers growing, so need to bring them all in, and get rid of the plants.

Stacey - glad you're back  - sorry you're  still feeling crook.  Can't have helped recovery rates with the week of work you've had.  I have a chilli question for you.  I have 4 plants full of green chillis in the GH - no sign of turning colour (although they were meant to be red on the seed packet).  Do I cut them off and accept they are going to be green, or do I try and bring the plants indoors?  And if so, how long would I have to keep them going for the chance of a red one ??

13/10/2013 at 09:33

Just found the map Dove. Perhaps the new people can get themselves on it! I don't know how to do it - someone did it for me.

13/10/2013 at 09:35

Morning dove, c*******s! Apparently santas high on magic mushrooms so perhaps he won't come this year! Shopping first then i'll make cakes, i'll get you some sausage meat while I'm there.

13/10/2013 at 09:38

Tea and cake at half 3 sounds good lily. I'll take a watch when I go out in the garden later!

What kind of cake? You'll have to go some to match Dove's Victoria sponge. I ate it all the other night and very good it was too. 

13/10/2013 at 09:39

Oops sorry everyone one I missed, the STIHL ad keeps popping up so it took me ages to do last thread and you weren't after dove. Morning!!

13/10/2013 at 09:42

Thought i'd do chocolate fudge and a banana loaf. Will do my best

13/10/2013 at 09:42

I made my Xmas cake and a spare with the leftover stuff. OH has already tested the spare  and I've had to hide the proper one.

13/10/2013 at 09:55
Morning all. Not opened curtains yet. No smileys to put on.

Very excited now. Can hear the clank of aluminium downstairs...that means OH has started to build the jigsaw puzzle of my greenhouse. Its not even my birthday yet. Should I get up and supervise or just listen for a while longer?

FG I looked at the map last time it came up but didn't put myself on, way too complex for my skills.
13/10/2013 at 09:57
Had a bit too much birthday cake last night so none for me thanks. Step son now officially 16.
13/10/2013 at 10:28

Chicky  my Apache chillis were outside and quite a few had ripened, but as the nights have got colder (and the winds have been blowing the pots around) I've moved them into the little wooden grow house and now lots of them are ripening - I always thought Apache were fairly mild, but they're quite fierce  (well, for us they are  we're not pyromaniacs).

13/10/2013 at 10:41
brumbul , by 'c' word di you mean cake or Christmas. And how many detentions di I have now?
13/10/2013 at 10:43

Good morning all, just cleared up the kitchen after making pancakes for breakfast for the masses!  It's just started raining so I think the mother of all ironing piles needs to be tackled..... But I don't mind ironing thankfully 

13/10/2013 at 10:45

Chicky you can cut them and bring them in they should ripen... my chillies are still out to ripen it's still warm enough and last week they did fab fab fab.... Making pumpkin soup for lunch and then gonna soak me fruit for Xmas cake mmmmmmmm...... Need to send oh out for glacé cherries and cranberries yet thou.....im just planning what chillies to plant next year mmmmm I'm liking the look of vampire ( also featured on beech grove today) a fab black chilli that turns a lush red colour.... Mmmmmmmm chillies

13/10/2013 at 10:54

I'm feeling a little 

I was asked to start this thread to make life easier for everyone and to avoid Detentions for posting on the wrong thread - we survived the first stormy session with attacks by a Wind Up Merchant - now it seems there's dissent in a previously happy group and some don't want to post on here  

If we have several different chat threads we'll end up having to post the same stuff several times so as not to leave anyone out 

13/10/2013 at 10:55

I've posted an explanation of how things happened from my perspective at least on the Morning Forkers thread so that hopefully Gardengirl and Stargaze Lily realise that we're not trying to ostracize them.

13/10/2013 at 10:55

Morning all.

It's that horrid fine rain here and looks set for the day. Still thank goodness I've still got plenty of marking to do to keep me from having to do H******work.

Took some pics yesterday of things still flowering nicely, mostly fuchsias- I'll see if I get time to get them uploaded today as well. ....BUT then I also wanted to clean and sort my pots out. Such exciting decisions to make as to how to spend the day. Better have another cup of coffee whilst I decide.

A quick question- my daughter has a very small garden- even smaller than mine- mind you can see and hear the sea. Beach a 5 min stroll away. I wan to get her a hardy fuchsia for in a pot. Want one that flowers over a long period. My choices at the moment are Heathfield or Army Nurse. Does anyone have any better ideas please?

Have a great day all