London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 15°C
13/10/2013 at 10:57

Lol brumbull I am indeed a chilli gal!!! You should pm me your address I will send you some of our home made chipotle sauce...... 

13/10/2013 at 11:00

I usually find that hardy fuchsias do better in the ground than in a pot, as even hardy plants can suffer a bit in pots in very cold weather - but as she lives near the sea she should be ok as she shouldn't get really hard frosts.

My favourite hardy fuchsia is Hawkshead and my second favourite is Greyrigg - sometimes Greyrigg is my favourite and Hawkshead is my second favourite - but it's always one of those two 

13/10/2013 at 11:01

Oh dove what have I missed I'm sure no one thinks your trying to ostrasise them...

13/10/2013 at 11:02

With so many active forum members there'll always be umpteen different opinions Dove. That's unavoidable. It will all sort itself out in the end.

Now the WUM has been outed it may be the last we hear from him. If not, I'm sure we can cope.

13/10/2013 at 11:03

PG - Deltas Sarah is a nice hardy fuchsia.

13/10/2013 at 11:08
Dove - i'm enjoying this thread - it makes it much easier to follow goings on. In a few weeks we will have forgotten it was ever any different - just need some time to adjust. And now, i must do something constructive with my day .... This site could stop me ever getting anything done if i let it!
KEF
13/10/2013 at 11:08

Just popped by to say hello. Another wet, miserable day, same forecast for tomoz. Can't see any gardenening getting done.

Late night, well late for me, turned midnight when we got home. Just finished my bacon buttie. I think we might participate in Beer O'clock...A Sunday lunchtime at the pub used to be tradition. Well someone has to keep the pubs open

Dove, loved the fungi pics & I'm happy with this new thread.

Get better soon Stacey.

BFN

13/10/2013 at 11:31

Morning all

Terrible night with dog AGAIN Just don't know what it was. Maybe it was cold as heating didn't come on as it was warm, but when I got up to him it felt quite chilly

I have Army Nurse, this year lots of growth but few flowers. Would have thought looking at the size of mine it's not really suitable for a pot. 

I have a lovely one though - delicate deep coloured flowers- small stature  - it's called David

Sorry to hear about your doggy  - have been reading all about your bad night.

FG, are your ears burning?

13/10/2013 at 11:41

Dove, don't worry about multi threads, they will come right in the end as long as we are all happy and carry on chatting, welcoming newbies and sharing advice. 

13/10/2013 at 11:41

it's all looking a bit odd on this page, not just Matty's post. big gaps between some  posts and some overlapping

13/10/2013 at 11:42

I can always tell what the weather is like around our sceptred Isles. When it's bad this thread is buzzing as it is now. Good weather, and "Strictly", and you all disappear.

Good friend dug up a conifer yesterday and gave it to me. I wanted to put it in a large pot, rather than the garden. (don't laugh... it's something I do!) Had a good look at it and there were almost no roots compared to it's size. Shame but I know it will fail so its already consigned to the heap.Bonfire, not compost.

As I was doing this I emptied a large pot that had my C******** potatoes in it. These had been hit by blight and I had written them off. Imagine my surprise when I emptied it out there was quite a usuable crop of small spuds. I expected mush as my history books told me, but they look perfectly edible, if small. Small unexpected results can be good.

Have done my ironing, now listening to amazing collection of records on Chris Packham's Desert Island... another Southampton/New Forest boy... would love to meet him to swap notes.

13/10/2013 at 11:46

It's all right Nut, you've started a new page - that's better 

13/10/2013 at 11:48

that's good. Thought it might be the start of the next site melt-down

13/10/2013 at 11:48

Raining.........I'm listening to Chris Packham as well Ww, good tunes and I really like him as well, interesting person.

13/10/2013 at 11:49

Just for brumbull... Feta stuffed cherry bombs..

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/32382.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

13/10/2013 at 11:50

Nut, I know what you mean but it's ok again now. 

Greenhouse update....

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/32383.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

13/10/2013 at 11:51

No it's not staying there!!!!!

13/10/2013 at 11:52

Looking good MrsG

13/10/2013 at 11:55

can you get it out without any dismantking Mrs G?