25/01/2014 at 14:53

Same here Lizzie - can't get on the RSPB site.  I think everyone had the same idea to do it today.  Perhaps if we try it at midnight we might get lucky - second thoughts I will be asleep by then - as a 27 year old I need my sleep too much.

25/01/2014 at 15:02

Well I was about to remark on how glorious it was today and ask what veggies I could be considering planting soon and Mother Nature put her foot down with a torrential storm - lighting, trees being whipped about, the full works.

Perhaps I'll have a nap instead!

25/01/2014 at 15:08

Same here KEF. Just had the most amazing thunder and lightening, and now its hailing. It will be a plague of frogs next. Its like armaghedon [ ? spelling ] here.

Is it only the girls on here who can be 27? I could certainly do with feeling 27 again.

25/01/2014 at 15:18

Well, I opened my big mouth and was going to spread some mulch on the tree lilies. I had a coffee, it went dark, windy, thunder and lightning, and then hailed. Is there anything good on the telly?

If you fancy a drool over hellebores, have a look here. Its an american site so no good for buying, but excellent pictures.

http://www.thimblefarms.com/hellebore.html

25/01/2014 at 15:19

I'm glad you're back , Fairygirl.

25/01/2014 at 15:21

especially for Toronto Bill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu9MptWyCB8

and any one else who wants a laugh on a rotten wet day.

25/01/2014 at 15:54

Thanks fidget - and everyone else of course. Can't get rid of me that easily...

Big hug for you and other half too fidge. Been reading a few earlier posts as I've not been on for a while. Think we need to ask Daniel and his techies for a 'hugging' smiley. This one-   isn't  always suitable, is it?

Can't get my bird count on the site either. Must be inundated! Mine isn't very representative as I didn't have any blue, great or coal tits although plenty have visited the garden through last year. I think I'll re site the feeder for them as it's quite exposed, and when it was in the buddleia for a while they were in there constantly. Fussy little *##*s 

Kef- I think we could let you off re the 'stone'.....for a small fee of course 

Nowt on tv but  I've been recording The Vice  so I watched it earlier. Had forgotten how grim it was! They all look so young in it. Love Ken Stott  though - another guilty crush of mine  The Bridge tonight.  Anyone else watching it? 

KEF
25/01/2014 at 16:11

Clari & PunkD, just great now got hail bouncing a foot high on patio. Wouldn't surprise me if we got some white stuff.

Fidget, thanks for the laugh & memory. Not checked Hellobores yet. 

Fairy think I've 1 shilling and 6 pennies in my piggy bank. Bit sad I can't remember how to write that in symbols. Can remember when half a lager was 11p maybe that's the problem

KEF
25/01/2014 at 16:14

1/6d   ???

25/01/2014 at 16:15

Afternoon all  Nails, sorry claws, are looking lush.

My hellebore purchasing did not happen  We have two plant market stalls, one in the actual market and one in the centre of town. I thought I'd look and see if the one in the centre had any hellebores as the others were white. Sadly the stall wasn't there. By this time there was not enough time to go back to the market  Still, they will be still there next week. 

Puncdoc, I didn't think age was restricted to the girlies on here. I thought we were all 27 

Haven't been watching The Bridge Fairy. Saturday TV is reality led in our house at the mo, The Voice and Splash! Currently catching up on Silent Witness from last night.

25/01/2014 at 16:21

Lol fidget, still funny.

25/01/2014 at 16:37

That'll do fine Kef. I'll send a receipt 

Don't get much for 1/6d now do you - 7.5p for all you young people under 27! I'm 28 now so I understand old money 

Thought we were in for some thunder/lightning too as the sky was full of dark, snow filled clouds.

My one hellebore has nice big juicy buds on it so I'm looking forward to those appearing in all their loveliness soon.

25/01/2014 at 16:48

The storm you lot mentioned has just hit! Dark skies, big wind, big rain, hail, thunder and lightening.  Glad I'm in doors 

KEF
25/01/2014 at 16:51

Cling on tight Panda.

25/01/2014 at 16:52

Storms coming........ Pooh fidget some of those were lush I especially liked the ash wood nursery ( Iant that over here!!!?) peach cocktail gggrrrrrr and they have pacific frost( the one I'm growing from seed ATM cause you can't get it in the uk!!!!!

25/01/2014 at 16:59

Snow I'll take.  It'll calm my brain from wanting to plant a load of seedlings Every time the sun appears!

25/01/2014 at 17:03

Its just arrived here too, lightning,  hail, and very very windy!!!

25/01/2014 at 17:03

It is from ashwood nurseries over here and they have a fab neon selection mmmmmmmmmmmmm see now I really like neon star and blackberry frost thanks for that fidget bank balance spanked again lol and  I meant to say oooooo above not pooh!!!!!

25/01/2014 at 17:04

My hatches are battened!! 

25/01/2014 at 17:20

Clarington I'm sowing anyway lmao