London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 9°C
KEF
25/01/2014 at 17:26

I'm saying toodle pip for today. Getting settled on sofa, a bit of tele' maybe a DVD, or still got a few episodes of True Blood to finish. Plus a curry later.

Anyone around later will they point Bill back to Fidget's link to utube and forkhandles? I'm sure he'll love it.

Have a good "evenin all" said in a Jack Warner? voice.  

p.s I think Artjak will also be 28 soon. But keep

25/01/2014 at 17:34

oooooooow curry . which one kef . 

KEF
25/01/2014 at 17:43

Deffo going after this H thinks I've left home...no congratulations will be passed on.Archie we have Chicken & chickpea (no name, home made) Lamb Rogan, Gobi sag aloo..all by my fair hands , but out of freezer, always make extra. Not all full portions. With chapatis & chilli garlic naans. Off now as fancy some pops & pickle.  

25/01/2014 at 17:58

Should do something about dinner too Kef. Girls wanting curry type thing so I may allow it. I'm all heart 

Weather a bit wild here too 

25/01/2014 at 18:04

bit wild every where by  the sound of it . FG .. happymarions bristol seems the place  to move too 

25/01/2014 at 18:13

Think you may be right archie! It's battering the windows now  

Will go and get their takeaway and then continue watching the Jacqueline du Pre programme I recorded. Another glorious talent taken too soon. Counting my blessings yet again.

Have a good evening all - whatever you're up to 

25/01/2014 at 18:41

Chinese take out here as too minging with cold to face haggis tonight ..... Storm blew itself out I think.....

25/01/2014 at 19:37

curry .silent witness. and  a few malts to toast robbie burns . haggis in the week. 

25/01/2014 at 20:00

How nice to see Fairygirl back. 

Its been a pretty good day here today.....fair bit of warm sun at times.  Been dry....my underpants fit to wear now after a couple of hours on the line. 

I think wet weather is coming again but not just yet it seems.

Got some perennials in 9 cm pots today but, wow, how the prices have soared.  They are now £2 49 each.  Last year they were 6 for £10.  Tried to seek out a deal but the new manager at the GC says his hands are tied. Will pot on tomorrow.  

25/01/2014 at 20:10

Great to see you Fairy - miss you when you go flitting off!

birds counted - nearly all the usuals obliged by putting in an appearance.  Was a lovely day til about 4 when a tornado seemed to rip through the valley.  Branches down all over the roads again.

seed sowing tomoz (wild flowers that need cold to get them going) plus some hardwood cuttings - all GH jobs, since forecast is appalling

25/01/2014 at 22:06
Stacey Docherty wrote (see)

Clarington I'm sowing anyway lmao

I'm trying to be well behaved this year Stacey!

25/01/2014 at 22:35

Well, you lot may think you've had thunderstorms ......... but you ain't had nuthin compared with me!!! 

I drove down to the Suffolk coast and picked daughter in law up from the station with lightening dancing around us, and drove into their driveway just as the house next door was struck by lightening. 

The back of his roof is now in the garden and the tiles on the side are still in place but in fragments, and there are holes through into the loft space. Fortunately the tiles missed daughter in law's car and mine !

A house up the street was also struck and DS's friend's car has been badly smashed by falling rooftiles - the opticians in the High Street has also been struck. 

All power in 3 streets is off so there was no way to cook the fish pie I'd taken them, so we went off up to the sports club at the other side of town for scampi and chips. 
I've arrived home and OH has given me a large G&T 

25/01/2014 at 23:12

Oh Dove, how awful, but at least you and your family are ok. Will your son and DIL be able to llive in their house , or are they detached.

Hope you're ok, bet you needed that G & T 

25/01/2014 at 23:30

Thank you Lily - son's house is semi, but the house that was struck was the one across the drive at the side of the house so not attached.  We shone the torch at  son's roof but couldn't really see anything as the house is very tall, but couldn't see any of his tiles on the ground so fingers crossed - they've only just had it repaired after the storm in early December. Their biggest worry was that the cat was absolutely terrified by what was like an explosion, with sparks and flashes and stars, and the fact that the engineers hadn't yet turned up to sort out the electricity which was off.  

Yes, that G&T was badly needed - I'd also had a confused phone call from Ma who couldn't remember why she was living in the Lovely Home and wanted to call the policebecause she'd been kidnapped!  Hopefully she'll have forgotten all about it tomorrow 

25/01/2014 at 23:41

Oh your poor Ma, she would have been so frightened,  oh bless her. Must be very upsetting for you too. Trying to convince them that all is ok, when they are so upset. My best wishes to you Dove take care.

26/01/2014 at 00:04

What a nightmare Dove - so lucky noone was hurt.  The weather at the moment is really scary

26/01/2014 at 00:26

Dove, how shocking (excuse the pun) that must have been  Glad all the people are ok, if not the roof.

26/01/2014 at 00:41

Hello forkers we are having lots of excitement here,We are having heavy snowfalls which are called lake effect snow Yesterday at noon there was a 30 vehicle pileup on our East West highway the 401 about 130 K East of us.Last night the idiots that decided to drive in a snow squall North on our 400 highway got 130Ks before the road disappeared and so many drove right off the road into deep snow.they had to put a large group into a community center for the night.To top it off,today about 30 Ks closer to Toronto there was another 30 vehicle pileup.Winds are 100 k.All because of whiteouts,do you know what that is?

Bill

26/01/2014 at 00:58

otnorot has been my computer name since 2002 and here I'm just known as ot.

Haggis was a main meal at my house back in the dirty thirties,also blood pudding.

Bill

26/01/2014 at 07:10

Oh Gods that sounds awful Bill. It's a shame we can't just hibernate when it gets so bad! !