London (change)
Today 13°C / 7°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
KEF
20/10/2013 at 08:17

Hi all. Rained overnight but did actually have over an hour of sun yesterday.

M's GH sorted, leaves raked, and her green re-cycling bin full. At home a few beds weeded, where I could reach without standing on the soil. Nice chicken & chickpea curry & a veggie one, then watched dancing and a DVD.

All that chat earlier in the week about slow roasted lamb got me drooling, so lamb it is today. Lots of windfalls to make apple sauce with for the freezer & sprouting broc' to prep for freezer. I was surprised at cost of sprouting broc' in SM over a pound for 4 little bits. Saying that I paid more for a Romanesque, I must consider growing some.

Hello Cornishboy

Verdun, I think it was fidget who said about visiting the burgular's Mum, not being one to keep my nose out I think that would be a brill idea.

Have a good day  & I hope we all see a bit of sun.

20/10/2013 at 08:21

Supper today will be a bacon hock, simmered with lots of veg and green split peas, and herby dumplings.  

Yes please KEF - some sunshine would be very good. 

20/10/2013 at 08:36

Morning all. Nothing to report yet, but going to lunch with son, though said that yesterday. What a boring post! Tant pis, as the French say!

20/10/2013 at 08:38

Good morning Busy-Lizzie - how can a post about food be boring?  lunch with son sounds good - does he do the cooking?

20/10/2013 at 08:41

Sorry Gilly I spelt your name wrong and put a G instead of an L.  Now the murder mystery is solved you can get on with your sewing.

I did my 8 mile walk along the river yesterday and we just got back in when the heavens opened with flashes of lightning and sloshes of rain.  I think today will be an 'indoors' day. What is everyone else doing?

20/10/2013 at 08:46

Howdy there forkers .  Looks promising today albeit the threat of the odd shower is there 

Hope to comtinue planting up my new border.  Still just as much colour ...dahlias, for example, just as floriferous now as they were during the summer.....so not going to cut too much down just yet.

It looks like that would be burglar.  (had warning flash up then...think a swear word was anticipated there ) injured himself.  Apparently he fell on his back .....young guy with too much to drink.. 

20/10/2013 at 08:49

Hello Forester - I'd love to do a good long walk agan, before my Aged Ps became quite so Aged my OH and I used to do a good long walk most weekends but now they need lots of visiting so it's not happened for a few years!  Soon I'll be retired and will have more time (it'll be so nice to see more of you says Ma ) so hopefully good long walks will happen again soon.  

It's still dry outside and there's a robin singing it's socks off, so as soon as breakfast is over there's a load of washing to hang out, then it's clearing the runner beans for starters .... 

KEF
20/10/2013 at 09:06

Hope you enjoy lunch BL

20/10/2013 at 09:26
Thundery showers here. Got to clear my GH of toms and cucumbers, but don't think i will move my agapanthus etc in there yet - no sign of frost forecast all next week. Got my Dad staying this weekend and he wants some new loppers, so will accompany him to the GC. Always nice to have a mooch round. Other than that, fingers crossed for a sunny next weekend, as the great border clean up will be due by then.
20/10/2013 at 09:27

Good morning all, want to try and get outside to cut the lawn today but it's soooo wet   May dunk my fuchsias in Jeyes, de-leaf them and stick them in the greenhouse.  

Offspring have requested a cherry pie for tea and OH wants a trip to Halfords for motor oil - exciting times!!!!

AWB
20/10/2013 at 09:29

Heavy rain here in North Essex

20/10/2013 at 09:30

Morning all! The doctor Gilly! Glad you had a good time. Its absolutely pouring down here, its literally bouncing off the patio. Hope it stops at some piont today I need to plant rest of bulbs.  Rest of washing to do too.

Love fuchsia Brumbell,  could you send some over to me please? 

Have a good dayeveryoney

20/10/2013 at 09:34

Can someone please remind me to order some bubblewrap for my outside pots!  OH needs some too for paintings, we'll go halves on a whole roll - but I'll need reminding!!!

20/10/2013 at 09:43

Dove, just a reminder, you need to get some bubble wrap Would you like another later

20/10/2013 at 09:47

LOL!!!  Yes please Lily - probably several 

Anyone for tea and cake at 3.30?

20/10/2013 at 09:48
Lemon drizzle? If so i'm in
20/10/2013 at 09:53

Did someone mention cake? Oooh yes please. Lemon drizzle yum. Mind you love any cake, well perhaps not keen on rich fruit cake or coffee cake, but any other yes please. 

20/10/2013 at 09:54

Had planned on gingercake - seems the right time of year for it somehow - maybe someone else will make lemon drizzle   Two cakes will be good, but even then may not be sufficient - there's lots more people on here nowadays 

20/10/2013 at 09:56

Dove - what does OH do with bubble wrap and paintings?

20/10/2013 at 10:00

He wraps them up to keep them safe in storage - have to let air in tho' otherwise mildew can destroy canvas