London (change)
Today 20°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 15°C
22/02/2014 at 18:21

Thankyou so much for your support. I am not intending on leaving the site, I enjoy your company and the knowledge we all share too much.

I have however been rather disturbed by yesterdays goings on, I thought I would enjoy trying to put our friend in his place, but I ended up being a bit scared of what happened.

I just want to stay a bit quieter than usual, until I am sure that he is not coming back. Cannot quite believe I am being such a wus, I have always enjoyed a good fight, metaphorically speaking of course, but there was something about this that felt different, maybe its not being able to see the person you are fighting with.

I shall see you all soon, enjoy your gardens, Spring is coming.

" For evil to occur, it only takes a few good men to do nothing " [ not an original puncdoc, but I am not sure who did say it.

22/02/2014 at 18:24

Take your time Pd - we'll still be here, talking gardens .....  Hope your roof is now sorted too

22/02/2014 at 18:25

We won the Rugby. (I think) OH is now making his bird cakes, and making noises about dinner.

Suppose I should go and cook. It nice here tonight isn't it?

I think it was definitely a case of someone forgetting to take his medication last night.

22/02/2014 at 18:26

Pretty sure we did win the Rugby - OH is whistling

22/02/2014 at 18:26

Punkdoc, you are welcome to come on our garden trips. Us ladies will look after you.

22/02/2014 at 18:28

Hello all.

Only a quick post as I have date night with hubby (pub, curry, watching a band).

Got a bit done in the garden but was stressful......I won't go into it now as I don't want to end up cross again!!  Will update you tomorrow.

Didn't get to the GC, partly because of above mentioned garden issue and partly because I forgot we had a football match, which I wish I hadn't bothered going to!!! 

Anyway, off to dry my hair and attempt to look decent.

Catch you all tomorrow x

22/02/2014 at 18:28
Nut... I was down the allotment for over five hours and got loads done, so much that I am now aching. I had earned the time to watch rugby and I can spend more hours at the allotment tomorrow. I see that we are fairly local to one another...
22/02/2014 at 18:29

Glad you're here pd 

The difference is - he wouldn't have dared do what he did in person. The coward's way of behaving.

A famous quote and a great one but not always easy to follow. (He was a Nazi hunter wasn't he? His name escapes me)

I think there's more than a 'few good men' here. 

22/02/2014 at 18:46
Fairygirl wrote (see)

Glad you're here pd 

The difference is - he wouldn't have dared do what he did in person. The coward's way of behaving.

A famous quote and a great one but not always easy to follow. (He was a Nazi hunter wasn't he? His name escapes me)

I think there's more than a 'few good men' here. 

simon wiesenthal FG   

22/02/2014 at 18:56

Hello all

Filled half a garden waste bin

Ended up going to dig up some more dirt for free from a garden in Bitterne, not too far away with mum and dad filled the boot with bags worth of dirt then emptied it out in our garden then back for more 1 more boot load, then as the soil is very clay-e broke it up a bit and put around the pond, so knackering back sore what a sunny day today and fed the birds earlier too

some one near by was having a bonfire again lucky wind blowing it the other way  

22/02/2014 at 18:56

You're right - I had a quick  google archie (that sounds rude ) and he wrote  another very apt quote about technology. 

A very wise man I think. 

22/02/2014 at 19:04
iGrow wrote (see)
Nut... I was down the allotment for over five hours and got loads done, so much that I am now aching. I had earned the time to watch rugby and I can spend more hours at the allotment tomorrow. I see that we are fairly local to one another...

That's OK then, you can have the afternoon off. We are local aren't we. Not sure where south holland starts and finishes but you can't be far away. I'm not far east of Peterborough. 

22/02/2014 at 19:11

Punkdoc - you seem to be having a bout of self-defeat.......that's rubbish! You still have the freedom of the boards and the respect of its members...he's history and probably feeling very sad.

22/02/2014 at 19:11

Forgot to say I potted up my plants in pots for now thank you

22/02/2014 at 19:13

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” 
??? Edmund Burke   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Burke 

18C  statesman, author, orator, political theorist and philosopher

Something I believe in very strongly and often quoted by others. 

22/02/2014 at 19:17

Don't know what those ???s are doing there 

Glad the plants arrived - the little ones were very little so I popped one that's a bit bigger in to each packet as well - and the bigger ones have some seeds - they'll bury themselves in the ground and you'll have more babies next year 

22/02/2014 at 19:25

Hi Dove. Mine arrived and are waiting to planted tomorrow, hopefully  B*gger the weather I'll get them in  Thank you 

22/02/2014 at 19:39

long week .  day off tomorrow , thought me and oh  were at the halle tonight .but its 22nd of  march . glad in a way . a few beers and cider with roise  . punkdoc  take care . 

22/02/2014 at 19:40
Verdun wrote (see)

The guy causing the issues also caused the problems a couple of years back....he has  got under the skin of most of us.  He's history.

So let's celebrate with cake all round 

Verdun wrote (see)

The guy causing the issues also caused the problems a couple of years back....he has  got under the skin of most of us.  He's history.

So let's celebrate with cake all round 

22/02/2014 at 19:42
Nut... I am in Spalding, South Holland stretches to Crowland.