London (change)
Today 26°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 20°C
21 to 26 of 26 messages
17/04/2013 at 19:10

I think I've just put on 3 stone by reading this thread!!  Yum yum!!

17/04/2013 at 21:18

^I think I'll be putting on 3 stone making everything in it...

Eddie R..

glad that worked for you, we seem to be getting dab hands at it here... which is nice...

what a lovely serving plate those biscuits are on, quite unusual that...

18/04/2013 at 06:50

I have an assortment of flours - I buy most of it from the local farm shop who are supplied by Letheringsett Mill - I buy their stoneground wholemeal for our bread, and I also use their Golden Pastry flour which has a little very fine cornmeal in it and makes a lovely crisp golden pastry.  I usually buy their plain and SR flour too, but I'm also happy to use either Homepride or Waitrose own because Waitrose is our local supermarket - I've also had good results with Tesco and Sainsbugs - I've never noticed a real difference in the end result but if I were making something really special then I'd probably avoid own brand flour, but not sure why - just because   I suppose 

18/04/2013 at 14:19

^very much agree with that.   Wessex Mill is another I've used and that's been surprisingly good.  Dove's Farm organic I like too... and yes Waitrose have a really good selection and this is where I do buy their own brand... however I stick with Marriage's whenever I can... depends where I'm shopping...

I aim to make that nectarine and raspberry cake at the weekend.  I shall only post a photo if I think it's as nice as yours...

06/05/2013 at 14:55

...I still haven't made that...but I will..eventually...

I do have trouble getting nice round buns...I've watched Paul Hollywood's technique but it doesn't quite work for me... bit like gardening - trial and error... however,  we enjoy these any time of year...

just made...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WA2ANP97Qvg/UYe1oxraF7I/AAAAAAAAAvc/fObWDyaGoOE/s640/DSC01148.JPG

08/05/2013 at 03:41

bump

email image
21 to 26 of 26 messages