London (change)
Wed 14°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
21 to 40 of 157 messages
06/05/2014 at 20:31

OH is Arsenal so good day for me gardening last Sunday as both my boys went to the game. I do have a groan when footie seems to be on ALL THE TIME!!!

06/05/2014 at 20:37

David, look at it this way....  We nearly won, and then we didn't.  Normally, every Man U fan in the country would be ripping the whatever out of us.  But it's like someone stuck an enormous cork in their mouths.  They can't say stuff all.  For once, they are silenced - more silenced than a field of nettles after a glyphosate bath, quieter than slugs in a pub, less effective than greenfly in a plague of ladybirds.  Face it, nobody was delighted watching Man City play this season, but Liverpool had all sorts of people fired up with the romance.  No team does romance and heartache like Liverpool.  We have all the makings of a team to love.  Barcelona had that a few years back - we went to the Nou Camp when they were kings, and it was magic.  Liverpool will come back and prove it's all about heart and not a bank balance, once again. 

06/05/2014 at 20:51

Quieter than slugs in a pub?

I think I'll get me remedial knitting out from under the settee.

06/05/2014 at 21:12

Before any hugs are given I think you should go in the naughty step....1 minute for each year......for giving all us ladies a fright  I thought it was something bad too!!

Anyway, as you know I am an avid Blackpool fan, but as a Premiership 'neutral', I really did want Liverpool to win the title this year, so am also gutted.  The only condolence is that in goodness knows how many years United don't stand a chance  Oh the tall from grace of the mighty 

You can now have ((hugs))..... Don't scare us again 

06/05/2014 at 21:13

pansyface, a slug pub is when you put out a little plastic dish filled with beer and bury it in the garden and the slugs are attracted to it, and then they fall in and die.  So pretty quiet!

06/05/2014 at 21:15

OL, did Blackpool stay up?  Hope you got your peaceful evening in!

06/05/2014 at 21:25

David, count yourself lucky - I'm an Aston Villa fan which is one long season of depression, followed by another and then another. Best not to do the weeding after final score otherwise I end up with no plants left standing. I was routing for Liverpool as I lived in Liverpool for about twelve months after my law degree, doing some voluntary work in the docks. Spent the day there last year whilst visiting Chester. Lovely to see how its developed.

06/05/2014 at 21:40

Hey David.  Why hello there sailor.  Do you remember Dick Emery?  Hey mate.  Mike will give you a hug.  Provided we don't get talked about.

06/05/2014 at 22:03
Mike Allen wrote (see)

Hey David.  Why hello there sailor.  Do you remember Dick Emery?  Hey mate.  Mike will give you a hug.  Provided we don't get talked about.

Well, you certainly have em to spare, Mike.

06/05/2014 at 22:05
Scott Edwards wrote (see)

David, count yourself lucky - I'm an Aston Villa fan which is one long season of depression, followed by another and then another. Best not to do the weeding after final score otherwise I end up with no plants left standing. I was routing for Liverpool as I lived in Liverpool for about twelve months after my law degree, doing some voluntary work in the docks. Spent the day there last year whilst visiting Chester. Lovely to see how its developed.

Scott - Take comfort from the fact you're a Blues' fan.

07/05/2014 at 00:02

As a lifelong Glasgow Rangers fan i can only wish i was in your position right now David, as a lifelong football fan i know where your coming from and can feel your pain iv'e been there before, that's what makes it the beautiful game cant enjoy the highs if you haven't experienced the lows, just a case of putting it into perspective...

07/05/2014 at 09:11

I understand, PG......but my point is that we missed the ultimate goal by just two lack-lustre performances.

07/05/2014 at 13:35

Its so painful - to go from 3 - 0 up .. I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan - but my OH's family are all either Man U supporters or Crystal Palace fans. Not looking forward to their next visit now... 

07/05/2014 at 17:05

What a terrible combination Thomas.  You have my deepest sympathies.  Still, they've not got a very good position there in the glass house from which to launch stones, have they!!

07/05/2014 at 18:24

Yes Bee, we stayed up......just!  UTMP 

07/05/2014 at 22:28

Sorry folks. Mike thinks that footie has gone too fare.  OOPs there goes Mike fan club.  Mike being an ex bobby.  Rugger was my game.  Mind you, in all honesty.  I never really understood it all.

08/05/2014 at 08:51

I agree - I took up gardening to get away from the football !!!

08/05/2014 at 09:02

I must admit, as much as I love following Blackpool, I have enjoyed my gardening time  on a Saturday whilst OH is at footie.  I am quite sad that the football season has now finished and I won't have my solitary gardening time on a Saturday afternoon until August 

08/05/2014 at 09:04

World cup this year I think???

08/05/2014 at 09:12

Hmmmm, yes but that may well involve people in our house watching football 

21 to 40 of 157 messages