10 messages
06/07/2014 at 21:39
Actually I don't believe in luck. Mind you according to common sayings. I have in the past trod in so called good luck. NO. This morning my neighbour gave me a knock...on the door bell. Hi Mick. Bad news mate. I wsuddenly found myself imagining some one had died etc. What is it Mark. About one o'clock this morning, someone crashed the back of your car, and drove off. 'fraid I didn't get their number. I have a Nissan Almera Tino 04 Reg less than 30K on the clock. It was a motorbility car so serviced from new. Our previous car a Primera had been stolen soon after we had a recon engine fitted cost 1K. I keep it regularly serviced, even though I do under 2K a year. Unfortunately they don't hold their value. In my case, I hope this car serves me to the last. The damage. Off-side rear quarter panel badly damaged and plastic bumper dislodged. A few paint grazes. I used to do a bit of auto repairs in the past, to put an extra crust on the table. Now I don't seem to have the get up and go anymore. Still, I probably will get some isopon etc and fill it in etc. I am fully comp insured etc, but due to the cost of repairs nowadays, most insurances go for write offs. I love my car as such. So No to the insurance. I will test it out for under body damage and if OK, out comes the pollyfiller. Since moving into my flat, I have had over eight cars damaged /written off. Still thankfully nobody was in my car. From the skid marks. It is evident that the nearside front of the other car was defective. Still no good contacting the police.
06/07/2014 at 21:45
Oh no Mike, just what you need! At least it can be mended (hopefully), maybe this is just the sort of project you need! You never get more than you can handle-remember?
06/07/2014 at 22:21

Mike, I would still contact both the police and insurer.  You can still decide or not to make a claim

Life does seem to gang up sometimes.  Best wishes

06/07/2014 at 22:42
Thanks folks for your input. Verd. I am an ex traffic cop. I know thye ropes and cases like tis. Go fly your kite. Thanks anyway.
06/07/2014 at 22:52

Sorry to hear about your car Mike. The main thing is you were not in it. Metal can be fixed, bodies not so easily, as you know.

It may do you good to get stuck into a project. Just remember DON'T overdo it.

07/07/2014 at 07:55
Mike. Contact the police - just in case this defective car was involved in other incidents and they need to build evidence against the other driver. The man who nearly killed me had been involved in a host of crashes and bumps before hitting me and was let off with a warning while I was being told my prospects for walking again as they'd not been reported to the police.
07/07/2014 at 08:32

Mike, what a nuisance!  But the others are right - you should report it, even if it's just for 'statistics' - it all contributes towards local traffic planning etc if nothing else.

Sometimes you can feel a bit targeted can't you?  My son's had several really horrid/sad things happen to him lately, and then his beloved red Alpha (elderly but cherished and shiny) was hit not once but twice, whilst parked in different car parks. The first one is going through the insurers, although the other party, after admitting liability is now denying it - although how it can be son's fault when the car was stationary and the engine switched off and he has witnesses and photographs I fail to see!  I think she's just scared of her husband.

The second one was a hit and run, although witnesses saw the van driver get out of the van and repeatedly kick son's car to disengage his wheel arch from the front of son's car and number plate - all details were given to the police but as it happened on private property they said it's not a RTA offence so they're not interested - not even when it turned out that the van driver was uninsured - they said they couldn't prove that he'd driven it on the road - even though there was a witness saying he saw him get back into the van and drive off, and they really weren't interested in proceeding against him for Criminal Damage - too much paperwork!!!  Fortunately son has No Claims Bonus Protection on his insurance, but I bet it will still put premiums up!

Life's not fair - but we know that anyway - otherwise my runner beans would have germinated 

07/07/2014 at 08:47

Not to be recommended, but I caught up with a guy who hit my nieces car and drove away.  Took me a month of diligence,,determination and downright festering anger but get him I did.  Got £400 cash from him following angry exchange which easily covered the damage to my niece"s car.  Womderful feeling of justice, relief, and of a job well done.  Didnt want my nieces insurers involved...she is 20 so high premium.  

However, Mike, for  reasons already given tell the police etc.

07/07/2014 at 23:24
Mike,with you having been one of the boys in blue,would that carry any weight? So sorry to hear this my friend but as stated,it might give you a project to get your teeth into? All the best mate and hoping for a positive outcome.
Edd
08/07/2014 at 01:51
Mike Allen wrote (see)
 Unfortunately they don't hold their value. 

Hi mike.

Mike walks into a garage and Says "I need a new bumper for a Nissan Almera Tino"

The owner says "that sounds like a fair trade."

Here is a new sticker for that motorbike you always wanted mike.

My other car is a bike!!!

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/51883.jpg?width=350

LOL. Edd.

email image
10 messages