Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
21 to 40 of 711 messages
23/02/2014 at 14:40

ooh don't know how that happened, sorry

23/02/2014 at 14:50

Ooops, you've got hiccups

I like anything and everything except opera sorry 

Have the radio on in the garden  ( quietly) sometimes, most times i like the peace and quiet of the garden

23/02/2014 at 14:51

Have you got  the hiccups donutsmrs? 

23/02/2014 at 16:04

No need for music with all the birds singing! Definitely my preference.

23/02/2014 at 16:09

Years ago we built some steps and a patio and retaining wall to the sound of 'Chet Atkins - Guitar pickin' man'.  Whenever I hear it (which isn't often) I think of bricks and cement.  Occasionally we put a record on on the lounge windowsill and open the window - usually something classical, complete with the noise of the fluff on the needle.  And I listen to Radio Four when I tidy up the shed.

23/02/2014 at 16:10

I need something to drown out the screaming children LLass. The poor birds don't stand a chance unless it's pouring with rain or they're at school.

Just birdsong would be glorious 

23/02/2014 at 17:06

I'm with FG on that, although with teenagers it's more the sound of arguing normally 

23/02/2014 at 17:16

I adore Radio 4 and carry my radio around in plastic carrier bag so I can hear it. I love plays, stories and other stuff on there. I have to admit it does get stuffy at times and then it is Radio 3 / Classic FM!

23/02/2014 at 17:22
Fairygirl wrote (see)

We were all 'newbies' at one time too 

A while back we had a thread about all the daft things we had done in our gardens and the mistakes we had made. It was a great laugh! 

Tracey-Newbie wrote (see)

I suppose it depends what sort of mood we are in, sometimes I listen to Einaudi (pianist) and others I will listen to my favourites playlist on my iPod, which includes a very diverse range from Bolero to Footloose.....which of course I have it have a little jig to (my best friend calls it my song!)

I think we have the same playlist Tracey! 

23/02/2014 at 17:34
star gaze lily wrote (see)

I like anything and everything except opera sorry 

It's ok lily -  I won't hold it against you  

23/02/2014 at 18:03

All the more for us then Fg   just like cake LOL

23/02/2014 at 18:07

I'm with FG. On that one too.....sorry,mi have tried to like it and I do like a bit (that is is Philadelphia) but that's all 

Ashleigh, it's good to know there is someone as mad as me out there ha ha 

23/02/2014 at 18:36

Did you mean the Callas version of 'la mamma morta' they use in the film Philadelphia, Tracey?

It's a stonking piece of work. The definitive version. 

Mr Hanks earned his Oscar right there in those  few minutes. You'd need to have a heart of stone not to moved by that piece, even if you don't know what she's singing about. 

23/02/2014 at 18:45

I have no idea at all what she is singing about but bawl my eyes out every time!! It is truly beautiful.

23/02/2014 at 18:52

You see - that's all you have to do Tracey! It's the emotion of it. You don't have to know the story. It's usually a bit  like Shakespeare though - boy meets girl, boy goes off with someone else, boys dress as girls and vice versa, some stuff happens and someone dies .

Then the fat lady sings.

That's opera folks  

23/02/2014 at 18:53

You make it sound so simple FG and made me laugh ha ha.  I do actually like Shakespeare and ballet too 

23/02/2014 at 18:55

Fairy G, Placido IS MINE, I bet I saw him first! I so like the fact that he has made the transition from Tenor to Baritone in his old age; I've made the transition from Alto to Tenor, now I'm nearly 30. Problem is, in our tiny local choir I was quite happy singing along an octave below the fruit flies (sorry, Sopranos), and then along came 2 serious singers who can sight read OFF THE PAGE and now I'm expected to sing Tenor along with them; I now have about 15 pieces that I have to painfully pick out on the piano at home and learn.

In the garden, I tend to only sing when I have the lawn mower, the drill or the jig saw going so no one can really hear me and then it's the Alto bits from Handel's Messiah.

23/02/2014 at 18:57

Well you're almost there then!

I generalised obviously 

Of course - the big Wagnerian wimmin with the Viking helmets and pigtails are another matter entirely....

The Ring - is not my thing! 

PS - I've PMd you Tracey

23/02/2014 at 19:03

Thanks FG, replied 

The difference with you and I singing in the garden artjak is that I can't sing.....at all! I just do anyway LOL.......I may well be to blame for all the rain we have been having 

23/02/2014 at 21:08

Please stop singing for awhile then Tracey, my garden can't take anymore

21 to 40 of 711 messages