London (change)
Today 24°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 16°C
21 to 40 of 75 messages
05/04/2013 at 15:04

I too use capitals for emphasis...

there is also the fact that I'M A BIT DEAF

05/04/2013 at 15:08

Oh and also, don't forget the Consumer Protection(distance selling)regulations 2000

http://www.out-law.com/page-430

I didn't even know about this, until we covered it in class a few weeks ago...briefly like. 

05/04/2013 at 15:48
marshmello wrote (see)

For all those who purchase and are not happy. Remember to include in any correspondence whether its verbal or written.

Trade Descriptions act - match their description and are good quality

Sales of good Act - fit their desription, good working order, fit for purpose. (this is a good one to remember though)

These short sentences often moves traders butts faster.

Knowing your rights is vital and making sure you TELL them so, does too ! DONT FORGET

Exactly what I would do Marshmello.  Goods have to be Fit for Purpose. Used that many times. 

At the risk of pouring oil on troubled waters, do you have to be so rude Geoff.  A poster has expressed his anger at not being treated properly.  I don't think it's our place to question how he handled it.  Seemed to me that he has used constraint. I think we all might lose our cool if we were continually fobbed off or ignored.

05/04/2013 at 15:56

This threat is getting a bit heated.

We should all just have a cuppa and chill. Most of you are better off than me, I have a meeting starting in 5 minutes.

I'd rather b gardening!

05/04/2013 at 16:12
TinaTurner wrote (see)
marshmello wrote (see)

For all those who purchase and are not happy. Remember to include in any correspondence whether its verbal or written.

Trade Descriptions act - match their description and are good quality

Sales of good Act - fit their desription, good working order, fit for purpose. (this is a good one to remember though)

These short sentences often moves traders butts faster.

Knowing your rights is vital and making sure you TELL them so, does too ! DONT FORGET

Exactly what I would do Marshmello.  Goods have to be Fit for Purpose. Used that many times. 

At the risk of pouring oil on troubled waters, do you have to be so rude Geoff.  A poster has expressed his anger at not being treated properly.  I don't think it's our place to question how he handled it.  Seemed to me that he has used constraint. I think we all might lose our cool if we were continually fobbed off or ignored.

So you we think we should be jumping up and down going boo T&M bad boys they did not respond to a daily bombardment -of e-mails for 56 days and a person not listening to someone who was trying to help him.

Others have said they have had good service

You carry on pouring oil

05/04/2013 at 16:20

Why are people always telling other people to chill, the original poster started a heated thread unless he just wanted other people to agree with him and  as soon as people disagree then others want peace, love  and harmony.

I have used T&M a lot and never had a problem, am I just a lucky gradener

05/04/2013 at 16:25

BUT CAN I HAVE THE LAST WORD OR DO YOU WANT TO

05/04/2013 at 16:26

Get a life Geoff.  You were confrontational.

05/04/2013 at 16:27

BUT THE THREAD WAS ARGUMENTATIVE

05/04/2013 at 16:30

Read back for goodness sake-I do not agree with haranguing a company for nearly 3 months-a calm and measured approach would have produced a better result

And now you are being rude-and nasty-are we all to love one another?

05/04/2013 at 16:32

THANK YOU

05/04/2013 at 16:43

I AGREE I THINK HE SHOULD BE ANGRY.

05/04/2013 at 16:45

I've used T&M and never had any problems with them.  Get cashback from them very promptly too.

Last year I ordered a lot of perennials from an email I got that was 'Mirror reader offers' - I don't read the mirror, but I do enter lots of competitions which means I get a fair bit of spam.  Anyway, the perennials looked good, were mostly varieties which I wanted in the garden, so ordered.  When they arrived, most were in a really poor condition, and also included two small slugs in the packaging .  I emailed them back that day, saying I was disappointed, I expected the plants to be healty and not half dead, and to be free of pests (I have enough slugs in the garden without importing any!), and what would they like to make a gesture to make me a happy bunny before I posted my response on their forum.  I got a full refund, and was allowed to keep any plants (assuming they survived).

I was, however 'trained' how to complain successfully when I stared work at a big software company, that pride their programmers on being able to talk to people as well as machines!  Some top tips:

In a conversation, there is always a 'parent' and 'child', the 'parent' is the one that is in control.  You should aim to be the 'parent' in any complaint conversation.

Never loose your cool or swear (I've also worked in the programming dept of call centres, two swear words and they will cut you off).

Be clear what you are 'disappointed' about (never angry).

Suggest what the other party could do to make you a happy bunny (most will happily comply, the internet is a powerful tool for airing disappointments).

Don't shout, or get personal about the person on the end of the 'phone, or face to face.  Aim to be the 'parent' - remember how you felt when your parents told you off?  Try to act similarly (although you need to remember you can't put them on the naughty step or spank their bottom!)

If your complaint is dealt with in a satisfactory manner, you should say that you are satisfied, or even better, say you are delighted your complaint has been dealt with in a swift and efficient manner, and you will have no hesitation in using them again.  Stick and carrot in equal measures.

My husband now does zero complaining, a few years ago we were told in a pub that they weren't seving at the 'bar', and we had to go into the restaurant - we were a car club and regularly had 15+ members turning up.  They 'set' me onto the manageress, we had a very pleasant conversation, she explained why the rule had been introduced, but agreed to 'waive' it in our case - no shouting, no tears or fuss, just an adult exchange of views and compromise reached.  Now his mates 'borrow' me if they need to ring somewhere to complain.  There's normally chocolate in it for me

05/04/2013 at 16:46

MMP thank you for your common sense reply

05/04/2013 at 17:08

MMP.  You must be my long lost sister.  I'm delegated to send all e-mails, letters of complaint and, where my daughter is concerned, make phone calls impersonating her.  Always keep calm and get my point across.  Am well aware of my rights and, if need be, quote them.  As well as complaining, I also let companies know when I have had good service.  I always pays, free deliveries, etc.  Once got to fill my trolley with whatever I wanted and walk out the shop with it!  Not a trolley dash.

It is out of character for me to critise anyone but myself, so am angry with myself that I got embroiled in this unpleasantness.

05/04/2013 at 17:09
Mummy muddy paws what a load of pure common sense neatly bringing this thread to an end.
Diplomatic, tactical, sensible, kindly, knowledgeable and precise. Mummy, can I have my sweets now?
05/04/2013 at 17:13

I agree

05/04/2013 at 17:17

Is in not "hear-hear"-as in I hear-I can hear you?-am I being pedantic?-(couldn't spell that -can now spell checker-working-thanks Dan)

05/04/2013 at 17:18

Yes, you can all have your sweeties / comics now.  As long as you're good boys and girls and promise to eat all of your tea.

05/04/2013 at 17:35

Excellent news

21 to 40 of 75 messages