London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
2 messages
14/06/2013 at 09:33

Hi

thought I would share this event with you if anyone is in the area this weekend.  I haven't been to this village one before but have had 4 enjoyable days at Whixley, Great Ouseburn, Marton cum grafton and Little Ouseburn near York over the past couple of years.  The villages open typically 10-20 gardens and tend to be rasing funds for the village school church etc.  Great day out and plenty of tips, photos and ideas to take away.

This weekend:

2013 Long Marston Open Gardens Saturday15th/Sunday 16th June 2013

Contact details - 01904 738488- Eileen and John Visser. Tickets £5 / £7.50 for both days .Children free. Disability access to some gardens- Toilet facilities at 2 locations. Tickets available at the Car Parks or individual gardens. Refreshments available all day at the Village School (Lunches 12.00 - 2pm.)

Weekend: - 29th and 30th June- Poppleton Garden trail

The weekend of the Garden Trail is going to be a major
event for Upper and Nether Poppleton.  They have 17 gardens already signed up for
the Trail together with Poppleton Community Railway Nurseries and the Methodist
Church Garden.

Anybody know of any more recommended in the Yokrshire area over the coming months let me know- I can't get enough!

There are the National Garden Open Gardens but most are 1 or 2 gardens only so only go if near.

20/06/2013 at 18:23

This Sunday, 23rd June Marton cum Grafton is hosting its Open Gardens.  It is a great day out and we have over 15 gardens open along with Art and Photography exhibitions and a display for a recent archaeolgy dig.  We serve lovely homemade lunches and yummy cakes too...

email image
2 messages