Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Photo Competition

Hello!

Does anyone know how to enter the advertised photo competition?  On page 58 of the Jan edition the address '[email protected]' throws up no results despite many attempts by me to getting into it, and trying variations!  I'm hoping someone brilliant might be able to help this mad Irishman!!?  Thank you.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

That looks like an-e-mail address-not a web address-what does it actually say to do -don't have the magazineimage

Have sent a test-e-mail and it hasn't come bouncing back -yetimage

Are you supposed to e-mail the pictures??image

• Gary HobsonGary Hobson Posts: 1,892

[email protected] is not the address of a website. It contains a "@" symbol.

[email protected] is an E-mail address.

I'm guessing that's the address to which photos should be submitted, by sending the image as an attachment to an E-mail.

• lucyhalllucyhall Posts: 19

The magazine's photo competition is open and runs all the way to the end of August for entries, when the best are judged and chosen for inclusion in next year's calendar.

This year's theme is garden wildlife – and you can see some great photos in the magazine each month from entries received so far.

Find out how to enter here...

http://www.gardenersworld.com/photo-competition

There are monthly prizes and a complete digital SLR kit to be won – so good luck!

Lucy

Editor, BBC Gardeners' World Magazine

• HughTHughT Posts: 2

The competition does not appear to specify the theme as being garden wildlife. In fact the instructions suggest the contrary stating that any submission should "Identify the plants and any wildlife in the photo"...suggesting that wildlife is optional and not the priority subject.

Therefore if entries do not include wildlife will they be summarily dismissed?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Lucy states that this year's theme is garden wildlife.

I thought that was self explanatory.

• HughTHughT Posts: 2

Yes in this forum discussion but not in the Terms or Conditions of the competition or in the details pertaining to image requirements. The competition Terms and Conditions and information contained therein should define the outline of the competition, not a comment on a discussion forum!

I only stumbled across this discussion when I was looking to see if there was any further information stating how many entries a person can submit.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Maybe you could pm Lucy to check.

• WhippetWhippet Posts: 145

Confused now...I found BBC Gardeners' World Magazine photo competition website and it asks competitors to 'State which category you are entering '

What categories and where are they to be found please?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Hi Whippet - I've flagged this up to the Mods so they can get the magazine team to answer your query - but it may well be early next week before they're in the office ... 

Have a good weekend image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• WhippetWhippet Posts: 145

Thankyou Dovefromabove.

You too...should be a good dayweatherwise :)