Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 988 replies

Ladybird4

Hoorah for 29! Off to see my Bestie soon then back earlier than usual to go and get my flu jab.

Rock on Rezzers!

Have a good visit with Bestie, LB!  How's she enjoying Grannydom? 

Joyce21

One more cuppa then I'll get moving.

Advertisement

Can I see your ID, please, Mister Chey?

Joyce, I've had 2 cuppas and still don't feel much like moving......

Joyce21

M-U, I just feel I ought to because it's a nice day.  Think I might go to the swan pond at Culzean Castle later.

pansyface

MORNING ALL AGAIN.

OFF TO SEE "THE DEATH OF STALIN" TODAY, WHICH I HOPE WILL BE FUNNIER THAN IT SOUNDS. ANYTHING WITH MICHAEL PALIN (SHEFFIELD BOY) MAKES ME LAUGH THOUGH.

IT'S AN "EARLY DOORS" SHOWING. MU WILL EXPLAIN. I'M SURE "EARLY DOORS" IS A LEEDS EXPRESSION AS WELL AS A SHEFFIELD ONE.

A FIVER GETS YOU THE FILM, A CUP OF TEA OR COFFEE AND A VERY NICE (USUALLY) PIECE OF CAKE. PROVIDING YOU ARE OLD AND WRINKLY AND CAN PROVE IT.

Kitty 2

Oops...... Keep up Kitty, posted on the tail end of 28.

Good morning again .

That sounds nice Joyce!  Might as well make the very best of a lovely day if you have one!  There are 8 huge cygnets/teenage swans with their mum and dad on the lake at Fyvie Castle.  They breed every year and always do really well.

Joyce21

Known as the "silver screen" showing here Pansy.

pansyface

OH, I LIKE THAT JOYCE. SOUNDS MUCH POSHER.

Take a hand mirror, Pansy! Identify yourself!

Early doors...yep, also used in Leeds.  Means what it says, early on in the proceedings.  Thought to originate with theatres opening their doors early for afternoon matinees.

There you go!

Hope it's a good-cake day, Pansy, and that Palin doesn't disappoint. 

Hi, Kitty!  How's tricks?

Advertisement

Cheyngel

Pillows are here!

Cheyngel

Muddle where do the adult swans go? Are there other lakes nearby?

Forestedge

Our teeny weeny tiny cinema in the next little town only charges £2.50 each for everyone.  The films are top class with super sound, comfy red plush velvet seats and even twin seats in the back row.  The popcorn costs more than the films.

Kitty 2

Hi MU.  Having another brew and trying to wake up properly.  A big chicken dinner last night had us sofa snoozing by 8.30 . The plan is to go shopping with T2 today, she needs new jeans 👖. Hair is currently bright red and purple, made me go  when she came through the door.

There you go, Chey...new pillows!  Big tick for Hermes!

The parent swans chase the youngsters away when they're big enough to get on with their own lives, usually when they're a year old.  They'll usually find a home and a partner and settle down eventually.  There's a trout pond over the road from here, with another pair of breeding swans in residence, which could be the offspring of the Fyvie ones from years ago.  They'll fly many miles to find a new home.