London (change)
Today 28°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 17°C
05/01/2013 at 13:43

I've potted my false sunflower but only because I haven't decided where to put it. It came from outside so I've put the pot outside.

05/01/2013 at 13:45

Great, I will pop mine in a pot outside too. Not sure where Im putting him yet 

05/01/2013 at 13:50

I spend so long deciding where to put things they sometimes don't get planted and sit in a pot all summer. Daft really, if I have put them in the wrong place I can always move them

05/01/2013 at 14:02

I am a bit like that nutcutlet, I am a bit fussy. Easier if they are in pots better to put in the right place in the garden, than them rooting in the ground not so easy to move then.

05/01/2013 at 14:41

It can be stressful lol, trying to work out where they will be happy and where I want them lol. My plants have learnt to be hardy as they dont get left in one place for too long before they are relocated to a perm site lol

05/01/2013 at 15:56

I moved some things about today. Some primroses, seeded in the garden, transplanted to meadow, some violets with them. Cyclamen distributed here and there. It all takes a long time, I have to keep stopping to peer at new growth

05/01/2013 at 16:56

Lol, Im just in from potting up all my wee parcels. I have had a great day. My Cyclamen are all looking great Nutcutlet. Thank you. Planted up some seeds (They said I can on the packet )

Been for a nose and the ferns are starting to unravel which is a bit early but we have had 12-13 degrees here for 4 days so hoping they will be ok. Im sure they will. I also looked at some new places to put things. My christmas prezzie from my OH arrived today. A wee gargoyle kind of gate keeper with his sword but when I opened the box...he had had his head knocked off  

05/01/2013 at 17:09

I had a look around garden today few more plants starting to grow a bit more -amazing must be the temperature here as well, the primroses some look like they might flower earlier than before, shame about your gargoyle thing.

Do you have a front and back garden?  So you could put your present on show or nicely in the plants.

Just have to keep looking around the garden I guess to see what has grown a bit more.

05/01/2013 at 17:33

I'm in an upper flat so have the back and the side. My neighbour isn't into gardening at all so hes happy for me to do anything anywhere. Mine is south facing so that's good cause the front is in permanent shade, I think I have the better deal  

Things are definitely starting to sprout which is great. Wont be long 

05/01/2013 at 17:55

I too suffer from indecision as to where things should go and frequently keep things in pots to grow them on/settle them in.

The false sunflowers can either go straight in the ground or kept in a pot. They have just been dug up out of the ground so won't need to be kept inside.

Had a very enjoyable afternoon planting my parcels, sowing seeds and generally pointing and pottering. Thanks to everyone who has been swapping

05/01/2013 at 18:30

Its great that this is still going on. Looking forward to next years already 

05/01/2013 at 23:23

Just ordered more Aquilegia seeds ordered. Thank goodness this isnt facebook or my OH would know about it hehe, cheeky but I much prefer taking parcels of seeds in the post than brake calipers and brake leavers  Much more exciting 

06/01/2013 at 22:36

Just been sorting out my flower seeds in my plastic (candy pot) tub - think I might need to get another pot, filling up now lots thanks to all this seed swapping. Will have to see if I have any more that I can swap with you all.   

07/01/2013 at 10:15
Im now looking at my beds thinking...can i move things now? Anyone know?
07/01/2013 at 12:14

Hi Sam, what's in the beds? I'm moving stuff around. There re some things I leave alone but for most it's an excellent time for split and move as long as it's not saturated or frozen out there. I've been moving primroses and the drowned cyclamen. I shall probably split and move some pulmonarias any day. Some times it's not exactly the best time for the plant but if it's the best time for you then do it. 

07/01/2013 at 12:22
Hi nutcutlet hun...ferns, iris, crocosmia, hosta, oregano, lavander, bergonia. Do you think will be ok to move? Oh, and viola and foxgloves.
07/01/2013 at 17:27

I would try to move the foxgloves, viola and maybe the iris and crocosmia not sure about the others - some of them might be ok to move as flower later. If that helps

07/01/2013 at 18:07

Reckon if you take them with their patch of soil they won't notice you've been,

07/01/2013 at 18:14

Thanks ladies, I was hoping that was the answer Making the garden a little more gothic

07/01/2013 at 20:53

I've been shifting stuff about as well, thined out a lot of primoses, split and planted  pulmonaria, ferns will be fine to move and the crocosmia.I would say foxgloves would be fine as well.

Got an itchy spade for dividing my purple lupin but will hang fire on that for a moment.