London (change)
Today 22°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 15°C
3 messages
25/02/2012 at 12:32

I have lots of used plant pots of a variety of sizes. They do take up a lot of room and mostly end up jumbled up  in a large container. Does anyone have any ideas about storing these in an easily accessible and orderly way that does not take over the greenhouse or shed? 

23/03/2012 at 01:23

Omg yes, ive got the same problem here, i did buy one of those large plastic boxes with a lid similar to a blanket box, in no time at all it was full up, this year our tall freezer packed up, so its now housing most of the pots that i have accumulated, i really think  they reproduce themselves on a daily basis, i give carrier bags full of them away every year and still they multiply lol.

17/03/2013 at 20:32
Haven't tried this yet but I thought of a possible way of storing the plastic pots immediately after washing them out.
Thread them upside down through the centre hole on to a long rope hung from a high point. The rope needs to be just thick enough to take a clothes peg without slipping.
As each washed pot goes onto the rope you hold it up with a peg clipped beneath it on the rope. Each wet pot drains out as it goes on and they are easy to remove as you need them. Best to keep one size on any one rope. I shall be interested to see if it works in practice.
email image
3 messages