Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 38 replies

Blue Onion

I have two tattoos (currently).

I have a fair sized Welsh dragon on my right shoulder blade.  Just because Wales is heaven on earth.  I remember going to our tiny school library in highschool to search for a book about Wales, I don't remember what pipped my interest.  They didn't have one, of course, I grew up in tiny town Pennsylvania USA.  It was just the beginning of the internet though, so I was able to start looking around a bit online.. and I was hooked.  In university I answered the Sirens call and spent a semester at the University of Wales at Swansea.  I was back a year later looking for a nice Welsh husband.  I met a lovely English lawyer at a YHA in Snowdonia (close enough), and we were married three years later.  

On the inside of my right pelvic bone I have a simple crescent moon about four inches long.  The first time I kissed my lovely English lawyer was on a camping trip, under a full moon in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.  And the crescent moon is my favorite shape.  

At some point in the next few years I plan to get another tattoo to represent my two boys, Rowan (Sorbus aucuparia) and Linden (Tilia).  Maybe the two leaves entwined?  Maybe wrapped in a circle (sort of ying-yang 'ish)?  Not sure exactly.  Not sure where I'll put it at either!  I'm a teacher, so need to preserve some sore of professionalism.  I'd like them as a higher up arm band.. but some of my work summer dresses would still show them.

What do you have?  What's the story?

Dovefromabove

Afraid I'm not keen on tattoos and don't have any.  When I was about 15 I wanted to have my head shaved and have purple butterflies tattooed on my head, but fortunately I grew out of that

My son had a tattoo on his arm when he worked in the music business, but he regrets it now. 

If other people want tattoos it's entirely up to them, but it's not for me.

Edd

My mum always told me, "Never do something that you'll regret later in life."

I always thought that it was great advice. So I got it tattooed on my forehead.

GemmaJF

My son has started talking about tattoos, I'm not a fan.

Advertisement

pansyface

I always wonder where my tattoos would have ended up. Round about my knees somewhere.

1Runnybeak1

My eldest GD has one hidden on her hip.  It is supposed to say something profound Im sure in Italian, but I told her it says 'spaghetti bologenese  and garlic bread twice, please ?'   She didn't see the funny side  

Edd

I would go back and complane they spelt Bolognese wrong 

or can it be spelt both ways?

1Runnybeak1

No EDD that's my spelling.  I did change it but I guess I got it wrong anyway. It didn't come up on spell checker.    Might as well have your numbers on here today, 

1.  9.  20.  21.  24.  76. 

Edd

Thanks 

KEF

Personally I don't don't like them, I think about people who were forced to have them

My FIL had a lot on his arms that he had done overseas when in the army and I only caught a glimpse of them once as he always wore long sleeved shirts.

My SIL has a rose on her outer thigh and my OH told her the stem(poking below her shorts) looked like a varicose vein  

Runny your post made me laugh 

1Runnybeak1

KEF.    varicose vein is funny too.    I don't like em myself, but each to their own.   Do you think Cheryl Coles backside will look attractive when things start to go South ?    When she cries her tears look like diamonds.  The B????? 

CharlieN.  No, EDD collects them. They are from the Daily Mail Bingo game. 

Edd.  Just seen it....complane.... Doh! 

I change my mind so much I'm glad that I never had a tattoo because I'm sure that I would hate it and myself for having one if I had.

Clarington

When I was I the motor racing world everyone got their name, blood group, and any allergies tattoo'd on their wrist. It's the only tattoo I'd ever considered.

Gardenmaiden

My grandad had them in a line down both his arms, but he was in the Army.

My dad had one on his left forearm of two swallows, a heart and some leaves. I couldn't make it out very clearly as he'd had it done when he was 14. Size wise the size of a clenched fist.

My youngest sister has a tiny rose and stem on her arm, a snake on her thigh, a black panther on her left shoulderblade and a butterfly with our dad's initials on the right shoulderblade.

I might get one done when I'm 50 of a crab with the cancer starsign between its pincers, overall size 2.5 x 2.5 inches.

Advertisement

ginagibbs

My sister is a tattoo'ist (been doing it long before it got so popular)

Wont let her anywhere near me

Yviestevie

I don't like them, Secondborn had a small shooting star tatooed on her boob.  She really regrets it now and has had some laser treatment but it doesn't look any paler to me.

When I was at the theatre the casting director had one when she was in her 50's at the base of her spine.  She said that if she had to go into a nursing home in her old age it would maker her look hard and the nurses wouldn't mess with her.

pansyface

I think that is the problem for me - they do look "hard". I grew up in an area where there were a lot of collieries. The miners would go home on the same bus as I did and I found their tattoos in some way quite elegant. They did a hard job and they looked the part.

When I see a young girl with these things on her lovely soft young skin I can't understand why she wants to look like a pitman.

Edd

My OH has a whale tattooed above her navel.

It used to be a dolphin.

KEF

Charlie Last Stand ..Stephen King book 

I meant the Jews in concentration camps.