London (change)
Today 17°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
61 to 80 of 124 messages
19/11/2013 at 12:36

Same here. The site now has the look of a large-print hardback book aimed at readers with poor vision. Text is overlapping other text too.

19/11/2013 at 12:43

Gareth - as a temporary fix hold down the control key and scroll up or down with your mouse or finger pad - you'll see a little box pop up in the top right of the screen giving you the option to Reset to default - click on it and the page will return to normal - but you have to do that each time you visit each page 

19/11/2013 at 13:28

Reply to dovefromabove, GarethW and archiepm.

I'm sorry for this - it's very strange. I can't replicate the problem on my machine, so I'm guessing it must be caused by a particular combination of browser and operating system. In order that the techies can help, we'll need to gather a few details about your system, so they can attempt to replicate the issue before finding a solution.

It would be very helpful if you could visit the following site, and just input your name and email address where prompted and also our email address (website@gardenersworld.com) in the ‘Recipient’s email’ in the fields at the top of the page:

http://supportdetails.com/

The site automatically detects your browser and operating system – you don’t need to add any technical details yourself. All very quick and easy.

If you can send us that then we’ll do our best to resolve the problem for you.

Many thanks,

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardeners world.com

19/11/2013 at 14:20

Have done it Daniel.  Thanks for your help with this. 

19/11/2013 at 14:36

my page has shrunk and the text is tiny since google chrome update this morning

19/11/2013 at 14:37

Seems to be ok for me now!  That was quick!!!

19/11/2013 at 15:03

Hello everyone. The problem seems to be caused by Chrome 31.0.1650.57, in conjunction with Windows 7!

Thanks to dovefromabove and GarethW for the Support Details submission - very helpful.

If anyone else is experiencing the problem with enlarged or reduced text, I suggest trying a different browser until either Google or our developers find a permanent fix!

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardenersworld.com

19/11/2013 at 16:25

I'm running chrome Version 31.0.1650.57 m and Win 7-64 Pro SP1

I'm not getting notifications, but I'm not getting any problems relating to text size on scren

19/11/2013 at 17:04

i have chrome 31.0.150.59 on tablet android 4.0.3

19/11/2013 at 17:29

Thanks for the update, Pete8, and for submitting your Support Details report last week. I passed it on to the tech team, and they've raised a support ticket to look into the issue with the notifications for you.

Reply to little-ann: Thanks for sending your Support Details submission, which I've passed on to the techies.

19/11/2013 at 18:22

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the prompt response and fix. Much appreciated.

G.

19/11/2013 at 18:47

Hi Daniel, hope you got my e-mail.  Still unable to send or see my PMs

19/11/2013 at 21:31

Daniel when I try to post pictures this is what I get.I have posted them before with no problems. 

Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

20/11/2013 at 08:50

Really sorry Daniel,  but I still can't see or send PMs.   And now my smilies have gone.

20/11/2013 at 09:21

i think for me chrome is the problem, since it updated itself yesterday my tablet has been doing strange things. if i get time i will check my laptop later i dont use chrome on it.I havnt had email notifications for a long time and my followed threads arnt up to date so i am going to remove them all and see what happens

i have removed all threads from my list to have email notifications and will just set one new one 

20/11/2013 at 13:14

Reply to star gaze lily: I sent you an email on Monday afternoon (to the address registered on your GW site user account), to gather a few details about your system, so our technical team can look into the problem for you. Did you receive it? I've just checked and we don't seem to have had anything back. If you didn't get it, please let me know, and I'll resend it. Many thanks, Daniel

20/11/2013 at 13:18

Reply to Bill: I'm sorry you've had trouble uploading an image. Could you retry? If you're still having trouble, it would be very helpful if you could visit the following site, and just input your name and email address where prompted and also our email address (website@gardenersworld.com) in the ‘Recipient’s email’ in the fields at the top of the page:

http://supportdetails.com/

The site automatically detects your browser and operating system – you don’t need to add any technical details yourself.

If you can send that I'll pass the details on to our technical team, so they can attempt to replicate the problem.

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardenersworld.com

20/11/2013 at 13:18

Daniel,  I did get it and I sent a reply. I'll send you another hopfully it will arrive 

Smilies are back. 

20/11/2013 at 13:25

Have just resent it Daniel,  hope all ok this time. Many thanks

20/11/2013 at 13:25

Thanks star gaze lily, that's come through now. I've passed it on to the team - someone will look at it as soon as possible (it might not be immediate, but it's on their radar!)

61 to 80 of 124 messages