London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 13°C
21 to 40 of 108 messages
22/03/2013 at 15:05

I suppose I could paint the downstairs loo - been waiting to do it for a year - but then again, perhaps not

22/03/2013 at 15:06

Actually - on second thoughts- youngest daughter's friends coming round soon. 4 teenage girls discussing boys and nail varnish etc, - washing pots is looking increasingly attractive...

22/03/2013 at 15:11

Fairy  Been there etc

22/03/2013 at 15:31

geoff you can do the painting, we will sit here and drink hot choc supervising

boy talkwhat are boys ...

22/03/2013 at 15:50
Bunny..in..spring.. wrote (see)

geoff you can do the painting, we will sit here and drink hot choc supervising

boy talkwhat are boys ...

They're not worth bothering with....but Paul Hollywood's on AT show just now if you want some 'eye candy'!!!!

22/03/2013 at 15:52

I need to get out more........

22/03/2013 at 16:02

ooooooooh

22/03/2013 at 16:30

Paum hollywood is indeed attractive and so are his recipes on his new Bread show. 

As for washing pots, I cheat and do it indoors when OH isn't looking.  he's playing golf tomroorw - yes, I know, barking - so I can get some done without him fussing about teh sink and the drains and the dishwasher if I use that too.

Naughty Obxx

22/03/2013 at 16:37
Hmmmm that's a good idea ..indoors ...warrrrrrrrm too . my OH works here from home doubt he would notice though

I should've kept schtummmm re the lack of snow...it's snowing now. We have packed in for day and settled by the fire .

Yes I made his bloomer the other day, was very nice I must say . Looking forward to next programme . I have one of his books I leave it on island so his eyes can inspire me
22/03/2013 at 16:39

Hah! I use my dishwasher for washing irritating little palstic pots, modules, rootrainers etc. But not with household stuff.

Doubt whether there'll be much gardening on the agenda this weekend  with this ghastly weather...

Niece's birthday on Sunday so traipsing over Dartmoor for family Sunday lunch. She'll be 14 (I think) and loves cooking and baking, reminds me so much of myself at that age. When they were all over  here the other week for Sunday lunch her eyes opened wide as saucers when she whipped the cream in my Kenwood. So I've donated most of the money towards one of these for her.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20331.jpg?width=121&height=135&mode=max

Which will match their Aga.

22/03/2013 at 16:49
Ooooohhhhhh lovely , they're brilliant
22/03/2013 at 17:04

You're making me jealous! I use a very basic hand mixer but it does the job. Thinking of making a bara brith this weekend but I'll end up eating it all. It's the same with scones. Maybe if I go an extra long walk... who am I kidding -  I'd need to do west highland way again if I start on the baking I'm afraid. I daren't get Mr Hollywood's book - I'd get nothing done at all!! Obelixx- you ARE very naughty! 

22/03/2013 at 17:05
22/03/2013 at 17:34

I also have dyslexic fingers.  Sorry about all the typos.

While OH is out I shall pot on my tomato and chilli seedlings in the kitchen where it's warmer than the garage.    I can soak and clean pots while I'm at it.

I have a cranberry and pistachio chocolate brownie cake in the oven for tonight's dance club committee meeting.  I've told OH I need a Kenwood or a Kitchen Aid soonest.   At the mo I have to make do with a hand held mixer and a food processor, depending on what I'm making.

22/03/2013 at 17:45
Mmm cake sounds nice , I made an olive oil choc cake other day, rich so rather indulgent I have a mixer but not a fancy one , does the job and does take to work out of the arm rather than the hand mixer , had dough hooks too and worked for my bread .... Trouble is eating everything
22/03/2013 at 17:46

You will not look back! I inherited Bloke's mother's Kenwood last summer, don't do too much fancy baking, but now make all my own bread, and it's just....fab!

Hope niece appreciates it.

22/03/2013 at 17:59

OH's mum had a 25yr old Kenwood that needed fixing so I wasn't allowed it when she died.   I live in hope of a proper jobby in the sales one day.

The recipe is here if anyone wants it - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1879/cranberrypistachio-brownies I fold in th epistachios rather than messing about with layering and i've done it with frozen (thawed) morello cherries when I couldn't get fresh cranberries.   There's a cracking recipe for chocolate raspberry brownies on that site too and not to heavy on the calories.

22/03/2013 at 18:00

Right now calories sound good.

22/03/2013 at 18:02
I've bookmarked it thanks wonder if frozen thawed blueberries would work ...
22/03/2013 at 18:08

Well I have an embarrassing confession to make.

21 to 40 of 108 messages