Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What A Start to 2017

Well who would have thought it I broke up on December 23rd 2016 and by New Years Eve I was on my way by green and yellow taxi with blue lights flashing to the Royal Berkshire Hospital suffering with Pnuemonia .

if that was bad enough 2 days later we lost our oldest friend Izzi she was almost 15 and died in her bed with Lin and I by her side we still have her daughter Brooke who is almost 12 and her Grandson called Ray after my dad who is almost 5.

its only this week that I have returned to work but I am really struggling with the cold air on my chest apart from that things are sort of fine.

well I hope all my friends on here are better than me and the year has started better god bless you all and take care Lester.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

It sounds like you should still be off work until you are recovered properly.  If cold air on your chest is making you wheeze, you are not better, should be indoors, keeping warm with lots of hot drinks.

A lot of people on here have had the lurgy over christmas and new year. Post viral fatigue syndrome lasts a few weeks , even though you feel better.

Look after yourself. image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Good to see you. I'm sorry you've had such a difficult start to the year.

Take care of yourself - don't overdo it - my brother had pneumonia a couple of years ago and his recovery took a long time - he's younger than me and was very fit before he was ill.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• bulkerbbulkerb Posts: 258

Well 2017 started really badly but hopefully all change I still can't sing properly due to my neumonia and I no longer work for myself I am now employed as the head gardener on a 6 hundred acre estate we have moved to a new house and my wife is much happier as the record says things can only get better and my new boss loves what I done with his garden already happy days lester 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Good to see things looking up for you Lester. image

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Lovely news image  

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.