London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
30/11/2012 at 14:14

Today started off lovely and sunny but very cold. Now the cloud is moving in and it is getting dark.

30/11/2012 at 21:07

Cold but dry here. Noticed the bird baths have both frozen this evening.

01/12/2012 at 14:42

What a difference today-

Yesterday was patchy, thick fog all around us, west, central & south Manchester & North Cheshire. Cold & horrible, but of course out we all went....down to Dunham Massey's winter garden. Despite getting rather cold, OH has got some stunning pics of shrubs in flower, droplets hanging off flower buds etc. It was still lovely down there despite the swirling fog.

Then a nice cuppa & nibbles in the cafe there to warm us all up before braving the drive back. That took at least twice as long as normal, not much fun.

Very cold walk up to our local Italian last night, but definitely warmer walking back....or could it have been the vino?!

Today, yes cold out the back this morning & the odd patch of ice surprisingly at the front, which is usually warmer. Sun from the start & breezey so washing flapping nicely. No chance to 'potter' though. J.

01/12/2012 at 17:07

"Vino" Jo, you try the Grappa we ran tanks on it.
Stockton was looking quite bright until seeing a car trying to get up the bank out front, we had no white frost although a snap frost had caused black ice, it was still there when I ventured onto the lane for a paper. Now that is a big adventure what do they train drivers to do these days, it must all be in summer on dry roads.
The antics on the lane would have won the Strictly Waltz comp. they cannot drive with water down or ice, snow, black ice, fair weather drivers with phones permanently glued to their ears in charge of a tonne of lethal metal that can kill.
Rant over.

Frank.

01/12/2012 at 18:04

Another frosty morning, had to scrape the car windscreen of ice before venturing out. It's been cold all day but thankfully no rain.

Went to the tip with the last of the garden rubbish before going shopping. I'd been toying with the idea of getting a real Christmas tree this year and thought to buy one Christmas Eve on account the house is very warm and the last time I had a real tree somone flicked it a couple of times with their finger and all the pine leaves dropped off 

There were some real tree's in Lidl today, only three left though so on impulse bought one in a pot, it's coffee table size, I've never bought a tree this early before, no doubt it will be dead before Chrisatmas day    

01/12/2012 at 18:13

Will buy ours next week, maybe leave it outside for a bit, and then avoid radiator.

Very cold here, ice stayed all day. Brrrr!

02/12/2012 at 10:52

A really hard frost this morning in WManchester. Sun is out, but still below freezing outside. Have fed & watered the birds & just re-wrapped a couple of patio pots to protect their rims better.

OH wanted some winter flower pics from the garden so has walked across the frozen lawn!

All plans to do the greenhouse clean up abandoned. J.

02/12/2012 at 11:11

Cold here and now getting cloudy. Hoping to plant some bare root roses today

02/12/2012 at 11:30

Jo, the greenhouse will keep, I washed mine down in October but will wash it again in spring.
A white one again today in Stockton and not letting up at all, nothing to go out for as some are coming here.
Large Ham cooking and now for the rest.

Frank.

02/12/2012 at 12:14

Too true re the greenhouse Frank. Need to remove stuff destined for the tip from there first.

Have allowed up to the first week of March being the absolute latest to do it for me.J.

02/12/2012 at 12:59

Nr Lincoln.

Beautiful cold day. No clouds in the sky. We had a severe frost overnight and it has blackened a lot of the plants that were hanging on.

Saw a robin skating on the pond a while ago. He had been down for a drink on the moving part of the water and then slid across the ice. He looked very funny.

Chris.

02/12/2012 at 17:06

Minus 5C here last night (near Leicester) and didn't get much above freezing all day, although nice and sunny so did some tidying and shredded a lot of stuff that had been piling up for weeks, but has been too wet to shred.  Inspected my 3 and 4 year old apple and pear trees with a view to pruning them.  It always takes me several views over a few weeks before finally deciding where to cut and wielding the secateurs, although fruit tree prung is fairly easy, I just enjoy wandering around the garden at this time of year, contemplating next spring.  

02/12/2012 at 19:06

Woken to wonderful frosts the last 2 mornings here on the south coast we dont get them very often. Any ideas to keep my feet warm?

02/12/2012 at 19:27

Another frosty morning, cold but dry.

Scrubbed the patio this afternoon to clear moss, a job I'd been meaning to do all summer, it started to go dark so the path will have to wait till another day. I've pots in the GH which need washing, cleaned the glass a few weeks ago.

03/12/2012 at 08:39

Awoke this morning thinking I had slept in it was very light, opened the blinds to find a covering of snow.
Stockton snow low mist and cold cannot see the woods a field away, cars struggling to get out as we are the very last to get any grit.
"Oh well" we will call it winter then.
On the up side winter leads to SPRING so I can sit planning what I start to do Straight after the new year which comes after Alpha Omega and Sigma, all presents bought will be wrapped today when Daughter arrives first though granddaughters birthday, who says the 13th is unlucky, I certainly do not.

Frank.

03/12/2012 at 10:11

Cloudy with the odd patch of bright blue. Very windy

03/12/2012 at 13:44

Sunshine & sharp showers with a stiff breeze here today. Lot of rain against the back windows last night, East facing,  which isnt the usual direction. Jo4.

03/12/2012 at 17:54

Came back from a few days in Morecambe yesterday, ooh it was  cold up there. Looking across Morecambe bay there was snow on the hills. Yes I'm from Dorset and yes I'm a southern softie but I don't care. Its been raining today here in Bournemouth but at least it is warmer than Morecambe.

03/12/2012 at 18:37

London this morning damp and WARM. The Fens this afternoon, chilly and bright.

Maud is in the garden; I suggest dancing.

03/12/2012 at 22:57

"Err" why would anyone go from Bournemouth to Morcambe in winter???
I am a northener and I do not even go to Morcambe in the summer, Blackpool yes.

Frank.