London (change)
Today 17°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 4°C
22/05/2012 at 22:22

Glorious sunshine all day long. Spent the day in Durlston. Sea off the Jurassic coast was deep turquoise..

23/05/2012 at 09:04

We could do with some rain. 

I'll get me coat! 

23/05/2012 at 09:05

Tee hee David

23/05/2012 at 10:01

Sunny here in North Yorks - got up to 25C yesterday, and predicted to do the same today

23/05/2012 at 13:56

Teesside, nothing but blue sky do I see, they should write a song about it.
Was driving along our leafy lanes amid fields of Rape, is any one else put off by the smell of the stuff, I ended up with the car windows closed and the air con on, at least it filtered some of the smell.
Back into the garden now to refresh my March sun tan, slad for tea today boiling the fresh eggs at the moment.

Frank.

23/05/2012 at 15:05
David K wrote (see)

We could do with some rain. 

I'll get me coat! 

Two searing hots days and I've had enough.

Pots are drying out, so that means watering to do.

23/05/2012 at 16:08

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/7933.jpg?width=546&height=350&mode=max

Phew!

23/05/2012 at 16:34

Afraid I don't have a posh termometer like yours.

But this is the temperature inside my greenhouse at 4.30....

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/falcosubbuteo/temperature.jpg

23/05/2012 at 18:02

Frank, I have the same reaction to the smell of oilseed rape - only passed one field today (not too much in the New Forest) and that had me reaching for the window buttons.

Much MUCH worse, though, is Privet flowers. They aren't in huge fields (thank goodness)  but you have to pass garden hedges when you want to walk about the area.  I hate the beginning of July.

New Forest was gorgeous in the sunshine.

23/05/2012 at 18:42
Gary Hobson wrote (see)

Afraid I don't have a posh termometer like yours.

But this is the temperature inside my greenhouse at 4.30....

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/falcosubbuteo/temperature.jpg

Posh? Just a cheapo from Wilkinsons, Gary.

My pic was taken about the same time as yours, but was in the shade on my patio...the greenhouse (like yours) over a hundred about the same time.

It's gone quite heavy & thundery over the past hour.

23/05/2012 at 18:54

it was reading 29 on car thermo today here.. and i dont want to say it but my water butts are nearly all empty.. need rain

23/05/2012 at 18:55

@palaisglide.. rape seed sets my hayfever off every time.. i am sure it is why more people suffer it now.. and the fact they do not cut the road side verges over here now until they are high enough to hide a man in.. normally with a speed came

24/05/2012 at 12:37

Teesside had a haze this morning but by the time I had showered the sun burnt it off so I had breakfast in the garden, the start of what I call the outside months.
Had to go shopping, and sat watching all the flowers pass by, Ladies from eight to eighty in summer outfits looking very floral indeed, it is as if we all suddenly woke up from a nightmare of bad weather to somewhere over the Rainbow, I may write a song about it.
Lunch over and into the garden, like the pictures of thermometers, I stick a finger up, if it burns it is hot if it drops off it must be cold.

Frank.

24/05/2012 at 12:57
Put up the parasol, dusted down the deck chair...thought I'd try it out. One hour later...suppose I'd better get on with the weeding!
24/05/2012 at 13:14

I hate oilseed rape's smell, too - and there is a lot of it about here. But I love privets - takes me back to childhood (I know, I should get out more).

As for the temperature - hot!

We need some rain for the garden...

24/05/2012 at 14:54

It took longer today for the low cloud and sea mist to burn off - but now it glorious sunshine.  Have to wait for it to cool down a bit before trying to plant more things out - what a difference from this time last week!

My water butts are two-thirds down, and some of the soil has set like concrete.  But I'm not moaning!  Everyone seems to be walking around with a smile after all that gloom and grey.

24/05/2012 at 15:10

21.5c in the garden wall to wall sunshine lovely for sitting in as there's just a hint of a breeze to keep me cool while sitting in it which I shall be going back out very shortly,  think it was a bit hotter earlier on but it will get warmer as the sun comes round and the breeze seems to be dropping off a bit as well.

24/05/2012 at 23:49

Satrted off misty and damp followed by another day of sunshine. Chillies, peppers and aubergines have all started to grow again in the GH and it was still warm outside this evening after dark. The lounger will be coming out on Saturday if this weather keeps up.  

25/05/2012 at 10:59

A bit murky again this morning, but very warm and the sun is beginning to break through.  Looks like OH will want a barbecue at the weekend <sigh> What is it about cooking outdoors that makes chaps think they are chefs?

25/05/2012 at 13:01

@shrinking Violet.. i dunno why.. but as soon as the sun is out.. its "lets get the barbi out" today..  to end up with burnt sausages etc..what about cooking when its not out.

i think it goes back to the early man.. when they would make a fire and cook on it.. it is a natural instinct.. shame they do not the gas hob burner in the smame light