London (change)
Today 14°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 2°C
11/07/2012 at 10:13

Teesside "WE HAVE SUN" "err no we have not" "Oh yes we have" oh for goodness sake make your mind up, in or out?? There are some heavy clouds up there and the sun is popping through the holes in it, I need to dry out the lawns a bit to cut them tomorrow.
Although it rained all day yesterday the sun came out for me when the Grandchildren arrived for the evening meal, we all sat at the table chatting with them clearing all the tureens, my Daughter asked how I get it all to the table so hot, she does not yet understand cooking is an art you have to concentrate not go off on face book and forget it.
Wonder if the sun now out again is here to stay, well ask a silly question?

Frank.

11/07/2012 at 13:42

Wall to wall big black cloud oh and it's just started raining and they are quite big drops as well,  anyone seen Noah about yet ?

11/07/2012 at 16:02

"Rain" I was on Tospots car park after shopping, lit up with lovely warm sunshine surrounded by the blackest clouds especially over towards the Cleveland Hills and rain drops were falling on my head. It was warm rain and stopped until a while back when we got a shower followed by more sun through the cloud.
According to the local weather we are supposed to get continuous rain today and this weather tomorrow, one day they will get it right.

Frank.

11/07/2012 at 16:51

it has been blue skies and sunshine today.. thou bit chilly when the clouds come over.. but no rain yet.. have dried two loads of washing today so very happy. as it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow.

11/07/2012 at 17:52

Heavy showers today in Bournemouth and a couple of rolls of thunder. The rain spots were very large, the old wives tale says that it is a sign of heat. Still, we can hope can't we? 

11/07/2012 at 22:47

Just got back from the South of France and for the past two weeks it's been hot, hotter and hotter still there. One day it was 43 but most averaged about 35 to 40. Feeling home sick we stayed up one evening to watch a thunder storm

Has it rained here for two weeks    Can't believe how much everythings grown in the gardens. Can't get round the veg beds for over flowing plants, all my lillies are out and the toms in the GH have grown like trifids. I can see a day in the garden coming on tomorrow rain permitting  

11/07/2012 at 23:14

LORELEI and Frank.- had a lovely holiday, been invited back again in September when the weather is a little cooler. Big brothers neighbour grows grapes in her garden so on that basis he planted one in a pot in his garden at Easter with a pipe connected to the drain pipe running off the roof guttering so it was watered, it's looking good considering no one's tendered it for several months.

We also sowed some palm tree seeds last September and don't know whether it's a weed but I swear there is a plant a foot high growing where they were sown    

12/07/2012 at 08:55

Zoomer welcome home and yes it has rained here for two weeks plus a couple more months just for luck. Our "Rain" posted photo's of her new swimming pool, I think it used to be the road to her house, if you had come to Teesside you would have needed a DUK vehicle, a driver on the ring road thought a pool under the blue bridge was OK and found himself up to his roof. Hartlepool was cut off for a while and I had a pond complete with ducks in the garden I am sure I never put in and I live on a hill.
And to think Zoomer you missed all the excitement!!!
Today the weather forecaste is solid rain yet we have sunshine and blue sky it was very warm when I put the bins out. The grass is as high as an elephants tail, I can hear growls and grunts in there so better fix a cannon to the lawn mower.
Having spent time where the Date Palms grow and discovered the Oasis is not the pristine place complete with maidens in filmy clothes that we saw on the films, I can tell you they take an awful long time to grow and come to fruit, don't hold your breathe.

Frank.

12/07/2012 at 10:26

today it is is blue skies and sunshine with a stiff breeze.. out in garden in mo.. grass has grown again.

12/07/2012 at 11:36

Wow, one day without rain and I've had to water the hanging baskets, thanks be to goodness.  I'd almost forgotten how!

12/07/2012 at 11:57

Rain's just starting, bang on time, they said midday. Dog walkers were out in force this morning!

Brambles are growing as fast as the ones in 'The Life of Plants' (I think that's what it was called)

12/07/2012 at 18:08

Dry morning the golf course was rather squelchy in places to say the least-wet since lunch time and getting wetter and is none too warm either-have got a heater on in the height of Summer-ho-hum

12/07/2012 at 18:17

It's rain rain and more rain. It has been raining since late morning and as Geoff said its none too warm either. 

12/07/2012 at 18:35

The weather in Norway have been nice, well a few drops of rain now and then, but overall nice and warm! I live in the western part of Norway.     Hope the weather in UK will get better soon!

12/07/2012 at 19:14

Fine sunny day here in the Midlands today, although we are starting to get the obligatory rain now.

12/07/2012 at 19:37

Wonderful and sunny here today my side of The Styx very pleasant as well it did get to tropical 18.4c early on but a bit cooler now at 16.5 and not a breath of wind for a change so all in all a grand day,  but will it be like this tomorrow I very much doubt it.

12/07/2012 at 20:24

I've been at the queen's jubillee pageant at Cosford today with a party of school children, and although it was soggy underfoot, we managed by lunchtime to sit on the grass to eat lunch. The sun came out and we ended up getting burnt!  How's that for July sunshine, and a freak occurence this year - the sun stayed out for the whole of the Royal visit! The Queen must have brought it with her! 

12/07/2012 at 20:27

Phew, a day here in my bit of Manchester with no rain, so far!

Reached about 18C & quite pleasant. Lawn finally got its' cut & then I sat out with a book to cool off!

Did fruit picking this morning- Wigan/Cheshire border & wellies needed as squelchy underfoot in places, but at least no rain whilst there. Daughter having a jam making lesson tomorrow morning! (fruit in coolbox plus several ice packs at the mo) J.

12/07/2012 at 21:09

Update of my hols in north Cornwall:

Mostly cloudy with a few showers for most of the week.  Get-outable weather at least.  Today, however, has been unremitting rain.  Either soft rain or hard, downpours.  Definitely not worth getting wet and trailing around.  Three cheers for on-site swimming pool (indoors) where wet is a different experience , books, cross-stitch and computer.  Hope for a bit better tomorrow!

12/07/2012 at 21:17

Poor, SV...I saw the weather forecast for the SW & wondering how you were coping.

Ah well! It's Fri 13th tomorrow so perhaps things will improve.