London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
03/09/2012 at 11:47

Sunny, mostly, and warm. Sadly, not enough breeze to dry the mountains of washing quickly so now have a backlog of wet stuff.

03/09/2012 at 16:58

hi all..it has been very hot today 22c onlyt slight breeze.. blue skies and fluffy white clouds.. do need rain.. garden is llike concrete and the lawn fertilizer still  not soaked in.

03/09/2012 at 17:43
Penninepetal wrote (see)
Frank, you sound like a great dad

We look after our own, we ran bank of Mum and Dad long before the media hyped it up.
Had my Son puzzled, drinking a cuppa with my back to the paddock the horse came up and nuzzled my neck. "How do you do that he asked" he cannot get it out of the field. "Well Son, horses are like women, curious and hate being ignored" they have to see what you are up to.
Had a gloriously sunny run into Swaledale, the views are fantastic, we live in a lovely area but tend to forget it at times.
Still warm and the sun sinking in the west tomorrow the same? we hope.

Frank.

03/09/2012 at 19:48

Glorious day here in sunny Somerset.  And some real warmth in the sun, too.  I'd almost forgotten what it feels like!

Gave the front garden a good sorting out.  It faces north, and can be cold unless there is real warmth.  It was so good, I stayed out much longer than intended.  One trailer load of green stuff taken for recycling.  All the rain had put lots of growth on the shrubs etc.  But it looks so much tidier now.  Looking good for the rest of the week - hope to take a trip to RHS Rosemoor on Friday. 

03/09/2012 at 21:23

Beautiful day here today as well, spent the afternoon strolling through an apple orchard at a nearby farm. I thought apples were supposed to be having a bad season but this orchard doesn't seem to have listened. The trees were packed with fruit.

04/09/2012 at 10:02

Lovely and sunny here today, supposed to be having a mini indian summer this weekend so will have to get the sun screen out. Going to Wisley on saturday on a trip with the allotment association. Should be interesting as ive not been on one of these trips with them.

04/09/2012 at 10:50

Stockton sunny and clear or so says the box, actual is sunny and patchy cloud with some blue up there also from white through the spectrum to black, very hot, it would melt iron.
First wash on the line, house bombed out as it did not get it yesterday (my daughters inspect it when they come in), sitting here with a cuppa as they say in Spain "bonus Knockered" so resting before tackling the garden.

Frank.

04/09/2012 at 12:41

Nr Lincoln.

Lovely day here, some cloud earlier, but it is now sunny and warm with a slight breeze.

I have also got washing out, makes you feel like doing a few jobs when the weather is good.

Have a nice day.

ChrisX

04/09/2012 at 13:23

we had fog to start by cleared by 20am and now very blue skies and hot sunshine again.. gorgeous to be out in.

04/09/2012 at 19:59

Nice and sunny in this part of the NW, it may have rained earlier on in the day as the rooftops still look wet but we have clear blue skies now and the forcast is looking good for tomorrow.

Flower seedlings in the GH have really picked up - Sweet William, Bellis and some beginning with V, but name escapes me, are all looking good. Next years parsley and foxgloves are in the garden and they look good too. I need to find a space for about 10 white strawberry plants grown from seed, the pineberries gave up after being drowned in their pots on a daily basis from all the rain.

04/09/2012 at 21:04

The forcast for West Yorkshire is looking good for tomorrow and its my day off work!   This is a first for ages!

Going to take some box cuttings in the morning and my son is coming over to help build me some extra cold frames, so I am really looking forward to a lovely day in the garden.

04/09/2012 at 21:18

Enjoy your day, BB.....it seems as if it's going to be a gorgeous one.

05/09/2012 at 10:09

Stockton on Tees partly cloudy that is the oracle of the box! No, we have blue sky in every direction and it has been since before seven this morning. At least it makes me smile when the experts get it wrong.
Garden got a clean up yesterday and the green house sorted out, the garden is full of colour and the Hardy Fuschia's are full of flowers and growing for England, not all plants dislike wet summers. The Golden privet, three free standing bushes trimmed six weeks ago need another trim already, they usually have two trims a year this year it will be the fourth one, plenty of damp at the roots.
Windows open and still too warm so this could be the hottest day for us.

Frank.

05/09/2012 at 10:30

Lovely sunshine again and im laid up with bad attack of ibs so wont be going too far. Hope i will feel better tomorrow. I agree its great to have the windows and doors open. Washing the waterproofs and reproofing them so i will achieve something.

05/09/2012 at 13:01

Nr Lincoln.

Glorious day here, lovely sunshine, makes you feel good.

I have decided I'm going to have more Hardy Fuchsias next year, as you say Frank they have done really well and are so easy to look after.

Take care

ChrisX

05/09/2012 at 13:24
lovetogarden wrote (see)

Nr Lincoln.

Glorious day here, lovely sunshine, makes you feel good.

I have decided I'm going to have more Hardy Fuchsias next year, as you say Frank they have done really well and are so easy to look after.

ChrisX

They come in so many colours now Chris so you can mix and match and they fill the place you plant them, insects like them too so a good reason to put more in.
The box came good around twelve when some cloud came in from the west heading out to sea so although hot, it will not be the hottest day, "oh well" enjoy it whilst we have it.

Frank.

05/09/2012 at 19:44

Hot and sunny here in the West.  Wall-to-wall sunshine.  Bliss.  After all the work in the garden I decided to make the most of the good weather, and spent much of the day reading (with a glass of chilled white wine at my elbow) or having a leisurely lunch on the patio.  Looks set fair for the rest of the week, too.

Hope you feel better Maud to enjoy this fleeting reminder of summer! 

Btw my hardy fuchsias have never looked better - so they, at least, must have relished the rain. 

06/09/2012 at 11:47

Nr Lincoln.

Good morning everyone.

It's very quiet on the forum today, are you all out enjoying the sun?

Sunny here,  but a cool breeze. I hope it warms up a bit this afternoon. Looking forward to Wartime Farm this evening.

Frank- I have 5 hardy fuchsias at the moment, 2 in pots and 3 in the garden. We also grow quite a number of non-hardy for baskets, pots etc. They give such a show. Sorry to have gone off topic a bit.

Have a nice day whatever you are doing.

ChrisX

06/09/2012 at 22:34

Lovely day again.  Well, it was lovely until I discovered the dreaded blight  on some of the tomato plants.  They were "spare" seedlings that I set in a trough and grew in the mini plasticGH.  Cut the plants down, binned the foliage etc and disinfected secateurs etc so hopefully it was contained in one small area. 

07/09/2012 at 00:29

Teesside was sunny though cloudy this morning and early afternoon then it came in dull and cold. I was out most of the day and this afternoon had to visit the Retinopathy to have my eye's firstly attacked with eye drops that felt like acid then burnt out by what seemed like a million watt light to take photo's of the eye, glad to say I now have my sight back.

Frank.