Tomorrow 25°C / 16°C
23/09/2012 at 15:44
lovetogarden wrote (see)

Frank, it's supposed to be a day of rest

ChrisX

Cris, Please explain in your own words, no more than ten paragraphs

1) Day
2) Rest.

whatever it is I never seem to get one, just cut rest of meat off chicken and carcase now simmering in pan with veg for stock.
for some reason I put the pepper corns in the salt mill so probably need what it is you say I should do.

Weather still fair though not as sunny.

Frank.

24/09/2012 at 12:52

Good morning everyone.

Weather pretty poor here in Lincoln today. Cold and wet, though not the heavy rain that was forecast as yet. Have battened down the hatches in readiness.

ChrisX

24/09/2012 at 14:03

Well weather blooming awful here in Manchester.

Drove back over from Peak District earlier on & yes it was wet & a bit misty at times, but here..........Really, really heavy rain now. Am glad dont live at the bottom of a hill.

Todays' post drying out on a radiator- house was cold- & sorry greenhouse tomatoes am not going to venture outside again today! J.

24/09/2012 at 16:03

It was nice yesterday,  I managed to get the front grass cut split most of the Primulas and planted some Daffs,  but today,   well least said I think,   started to rain last night about 8ish and has just carried on the rain itself isn't that bad it's the wind that's making it far worse than it is,  I don't get the worst of the rain like some folk do so can't complain when others are flooded out,  poor birds are finding it difficult to feed in the wind though and I've run out of fat balls but it's pension day tomorrow so my job will be to get some more for them.

24/09/2012 at 18:52

The rain was lashing down so hard at 5am that it woke me up.  Rained solidly all morning - but then dried out a bit.  Raining again now, though!

We've been lucky in West Somerset - other parts of the county have fared a lot worse.  More to come, it would seem.

24/09/2012 at 20:43
Have been lucky in the Chilterns - chucked it down all morning, but the afternoon was sunny and breezy - perfect for the washing. Red kites didn't like the rain and must have stayed in the woods over the hill. I stuck my head out after lunch and managed to do plenty in the garden, but gave the allotment a miss - nothing to do up there at the moment except watering - and that was done for me thank you!
24/09/2012 at 20:48

Stockton Heavy rain, it should have said very heavy rain and never stopped all day, the wind was whipping it into the windows and the rain was running down the road, glad I live at the top of the bank.
Zoomer you would not have got through today the main roads were nearly all closed by accidents from early on.

Frank.

24/09/2012 at 20:54

And still it rains and still the wind blows but I have a very heart just now as my darling Lydia (pussy cat) passed away 7.30 tonight,  the grief doesn't get any the  easier does it  

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/rainjustlearning/Lydia4.jpg

24/09/2012 at 22:13

It's rained all day here, at times torrential. Was in Carlisle today Frank, there were  warnings of strong winds on the A66 and is the A69 which goes across the country to the A1? Rain and wind are forecast all week here I took your cue Rain and cut the lawn yesterday instead of potting up bulbs and planted out a lot of biennials grown from seed for next year. One of the veg beds has now become a nursery for flowers.

Rain - Sorry to hear about Lydia, but did you know, this side of heaven is a place called 'Rainbow Bridge', a place where animals go that have been especially close to someone here.  

24/09/2012 at 22:18

Rain, so sorry to hear that, I do know the heart break of losing an animal close to you. They have such a short life span compared with ours yet they are never forgotten.

Frank

24/09/2012 at 22:26

Rain - that is  a lovely photo, and I understand your grief.  As Frank has said, our pets are so important, and we can never forget them.  Let the memories of the good times soothe you. 

SV

24/09/2012 at 23:56

Bump

25/09/2012 at 00:18

and again

25/09/2012 at 00:23

25/09/2012 at 06:05

Rain - I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful cat

Not raining - yet

Pam LL x

25/09/2012 at 07:33

Nr Lincoln.

Good morning everyone.

Lovely bright morning at the moment.Windy but at least it's dry.

Sorry about you lovely cat, Rain, We are down to 1 cat having lost Ralph our beautiful tabby about a year ago, I still expect him to come through the cat flap.

Have a nice day everyone.

ChrisX

25/09/2012 at 10:10

Stockton heavy rain says the boxer, not at the moment quite dry but very low dark cloud so it will be correct before the day is over.
I am really happy the garden got its big clean up last week, the greenhouse is nearly empty at the moment so an inside job washing it down, a load of pots need cleaning too, never a dull moment.

Frank.

25/09/2012 at 10:32

Rain and strong winds here matches my sorrow,  yes I did know about the Rainbow Bridge,  I think it was Inkadog that first mentioned it,  lovely web site,  its rained here for 36 hours non stop,  it's not heavy just constant and steady rain but with it been wind driven it makes it feel a lot worse and supposed to be like this tomorrow as well,  have put my Lydia in a little box and placed her in the shed till I can bury her in the garden.

25/09/2012 at 10:43
Glorious sunny day here - can see Cliveden
House in the distance, Henley the other way, and Marlow in the valley, and nice fluffy clouds for miles. Allotment here I come!

Sorry to hear about Lydia - my sister in Devon is cat mad, and I know how much it affects her when one of her little ones dies.
25/09/2012 at 10:45

Rain just read about your pusscat. Im so very sorry to hear that you had lost her. It doesnt get any easier, i lost my cat about 3 years ago. Crumble was 18 and i still miss him, he is buried in the garden and i talk to him everyday. I now have 3 cats that keep me on my toes all of them are delinquents and i love them to bits. not one of them is a lap cay but i hope with age at least one of them will become one. Back to the weather poured with rain yesterday and as i was walking down the road a car went rather fast through a huge puddle needless to say i got soaked i was not impressed. Very windy today and rain of course. Going to pub at lunchtime with a friend its only down the road so hopefully i wont get too wet today