London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 10°C
8 messages
27/08/2013 at 18:41

Hi,

On sunday while walking around the "Brocante" (car boot) I spied an old outside light

the sort you have under the front doorway porch,

It was sitting in the rusty box of spanners etc and i thought it just needed a bit of TLC,

it had all the glass in it and needed new wiring,

As the weather here today wasn't very nice (dull & the odd rain shower) i decided to clean this light re-spray it and then wire it up and add a switch to turn it on/off,

It's taken all day to do this and when i finished the complete job and "she who must be obeyed"  returned from visiting one of her french friends i thought i'd say nothing but wait until this nice little light would be noticed !!!

Not a word said until i said "have you noticed anything ref the front door area?

"YES" the hanging basket flowers need changing those one's have had their day.

When i said what about the outside light,

I was told im getting old as we dont have an outside light and asked are you taking your pills?

I then pointed to the new light and switched it on and off and said "LOOK" we now have light !!!!

"Well thats not going to help sort the hanging basket out is it!!!!!"

I give up.

Anyone else have this problem ref being invisible?

27/08/2013 at 18:43

Bet she'd have seen a crumb on the carpet though, eh?

27/08/2013 at 19:05

Awww Smokin you're just not appreciated enough. I would love a handyman around to fix things, make good from old etc. Perhaps she was just having a bad day.  

27/08/2013 at 19:15

I agree with addict I would lobe my Oh to think about something like that. He did build the raised bed but generally if its not connected to the Xbox he's not interested!!

27/08/2013 at 19:24

Ladies I hear you lol Mr Bloke perfectly capable of doing anything that benefits him. I arrive home from work today to find he's picked the plums from the tree outside and proudly presenting them to me, presumably cos he wants plum pudding, (he didn't get it!) but if I need something, or want some help, he's far too busy with his Ebay! Good on you Smokin Donkey!

27/08/2013 at 19:37

Smokin Donkey!

But did you point out to her that has to be obeyed   that "  Yes it will DEAR !...

Because  when  YOU  choose to do the hanging basket  IF  it is dark , then at least you will have light !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

AND  I'M  A   "  SHE "    AT THAT  !!!!!!!!

29/08/2013 at 13:03

Smokin Donkey

this has made me smile and chuckle to my self also made my day

I'm often invisible as well it's only when I do her jobs that I get noticed LOL

James

29/08/2013 at 14:17

I think "fair do's". You fix the light, she does the hanging basket. That's how we do it - flowers are my business, DIY is his.

email image
8 messages