Start a new thread

1 to 7 of 7 replies

Hi, does anyone know where to buy (in bulk) these cardboard boxes that are used to post 3 x 9cm potted plants. I can only find one supplier and they are quite expensive. Thanks.

Not beyond the bounds to make your own boxes/packaging to post plants.  If you are that rare specimen without cardboard of some description hanging around, take a trip to the local recycling centre.

Not all of them will allow you to remove cardboard already dumped but some are still sensible and will let you take what you require.  

Other than that, wait at the entrance and it won't be long before you can approach a happy tipper who will be only too pleased to let you have some.

Purchasing specially made boxes simply exacerbates the waste problem.

philippa smith2 says:

Not beyond the bounds to make your own boxes/packaging to post plants.  If you are that rare specimen without cardboard of some description hanging around, take a trip to the local recycling centre.

Not all of them will allow you to remove cardboard already dumped but some are still sensible and will let you take what you require.  

Other than that, wait at the entrance and it won't be long before you can approach a happy tipper who will be only too pleased to let you have some.

Purchasing specially made boxes simply exacerbates the waste problem.

See original post

Sounds like a plan, it just speeds things up if the box is already the right size to fit, but I have sellotape so it could be the recycle option :)

Pete8

The cardboard wine carriers would give a good base for up to 4 plants. They're sturdy enough to hold 4 bottles so should be good for 4 plants then you'd just need to wrap and top it with cardboard

good luck with your venture..

Advertisement

Thats a clever idea, I will check it out.... thanks

Mike Allen

I used to trade with Plant Pak.  Of  Malden. Essex.  They might be able to help you.