London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
21 to 24 of 24 messages
09/01/2014 at 14:08

I use B+M's own Creocote which is very reasonably priced and for me is the best on the market unfortunately depending on your point of view it has to be applied by brush but I love the smell its no hardship to me,  I did the fence about 5 years ago so does need doing again.

11/07/2014 at 21:07

just got wickes creocote light brown colour.

on sale just now cost £30 per 20l drum

my first time coating a fence

50m then another 50m on the oter ide

took 4hours

smells good and brings he grain out well so looks good and not too dark

I used a had pump type sprayer and saturated this virgin fence that I put up last year

suppose I have the option wether to re apply creocote or else paint fence when the tie comes again but I think paint will be messy and flakes over time

13/08/2014 at 15:49

Not too happy with Creocote painted my fence last year and now its needing a repaint. I found the best way to cover it like Robert Bruce was with a garden spray pump as you can control the overspray easier but I use a respirator for safety.Thanks for the tip about quantity sold by Wickes might give it another try at that price as I need 20 ltrs for all my fences

18/08/2014 at 17:08

Lucy Hawker. Why not go the 'whole hog' and use undiluted used engine oil? That way you can really do your bit to bugger the environment. Used engine oil is carcinogenic (have I spelled that right?) and very detrimental to anything that grows or breathes. That's why you are required by law to dispose of it at an approved recycling centre.

email image
21 to 24 of 24 messages