London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
4 messages
05/03/2012 at 11:38

I was recently watching Gardeners world and i noticed on one episode one of the presenters had a pair of pruning shears. The pair is of japanese or chinese make and has one red handle and one yellow handle. The next episode, i saw Carol Klein had a pair and so did the other gardeners. I was just wondering what make are they and where i could get some? I am in a landscape garden business and they would be a lot easier to use than my normal ones.

Thanks

Tamara

06/03/2012 at 21:47

Hi Tamara,

Check out this website http://www.niwaki.com/ it may have been the Tobisho secateurs that you mentioned.  The Japanese really know how to make amazing gardening tools!  I've got some of the Okatsune snips for taking cutting and they are great.  www.alisonpike.com/blog/

16/04/2012 at 09:40

Most professional gardeners swear by Felcos for normal hand secateurs.   Theyr'e great for ordinary gardeners too and last a life time if cared for.

For long handles loppers and pruning sawswith interchangeable length handles, Wolf make very good products which are easily available and at a reasonable price for ordinary gardeners.

Bri
21/04/2012 at 20:08

I have had my Felco 2 secateurs since the 70s and they will nodoubt outlast me. Wonder if it's back door advertiseing re the above?

email image
4 messages