London (change)
Today 12°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
5 messages
21/07/2013 at 21:02

Hi,

I am after some greenhouse clips to attach bubble wrap to a greenhouse frame with an air gap - I have found the alliplug style ones but am looking for some which don't tear the bubble wrap. My partners Dad has some which similarly to the alliplug slot into the aluminium frame and then stick out to create the airgap, but then a 'cap' sits the other side of the insulation to clip the two together rather than piercing the wrap. Can't seem to find them anywhere, anyone seen them online or in shops?

Thanks in advance

Holly

30/07/2013 at 17:08

What your after should be in your local garden centre these plastic green clips fit into the groove of the greenhouse wall and all you do is put the clip into the groove and then turn (like a front door key) this enables the bubble wrap to be the correct gap from the glass, to remove the bubble wrap just turn the key the opposit way,

you can buy these clips with holes in them for tying suppoting wire etc for support for tall plants.

02/08/2013 at 20:34

this is what your after I think ebay search greenhouse clips

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/28673.jpg?width=250&height=350&mode=max

and you also buy the other part that fits in side these clips

James

02/08/2013 at 22:00

Yep indeed James or try Amazon (greenhouse fixing clips)

Lyn
02/08/2013 at 22:33

But when you push and twist the clips for the fittings shown above, they will make holes in the bubble wrap.

I have no idea what Holly wants, i use the method as shown here. Very cheap from ebay 

email image
5 messages