Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Greenhouse

Would like to purchase a greenhouse 6ftx8ft this is my first greenhouse would like recomendations please

• ShepsSheps Posts: 2,236

Have a look at this

https://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/greenhouse/122/hercules-trafalgar-6x8-green/

From what I have read, Hercules make a very good greenhouse and have some great reviews and based on those reviews I have ordered a 6ftx10ft Trafalgar, they are not the cheapest out there, but they come with many features that the cheaper models don't ( unless you pay for those options ) plus they are High Eave which was one of the main reasons I went for the Hercules.

Mine doesn't arrive until June and the waiting is really starting to bug me image

Last edited: 19 March 2017 22:51:12

• Sandra100Sandra100 Posts: 130

I got mine from Greenhouse Stores.  It's a Halls 8x6 with Horticultural Glass.

Price was my main consideration, since I was on a tight budget.  However having said that I'm really happy with it.  I paid an installer to put it up since we'd had a really bad experience with a second hand one.  It took him 4.5 hours, and was money really well spent.

I've had it for 2 weeks now and it's nearly full, I'm spending every spare minute in it and loving it!

• vernoverno Posts: 10

I'm interesting of having a greenhouse too but I'm planning to make one on my own by means of buying raw materials. I already have construction tools so I think I can do it. I hope I can somehow save some money. The Hercules  greenhouse looks affordable and great though

• PosyPosy Posts: 3,601

Verno, keep an eye on your local press. People quite often offer greenhouses at cut rates or even free if the buyer will remove it. If you find a good one you can save a fortune. If you do try this, mark each piece and each pane with a number and make a plan showing where they belong BEFORE you take anything apart.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,340

I bought a 8 x 10 Rhino Premuim last year and am very pleased with it.

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.