Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

landscape-lighting-advice-needed-please-

I need a few outside lights for my front garden but am not sure which one and where to get them from.

One light needs to be a projector type one that will be installed at the base of an acer tree and prject the light upwards so that the tree only is illuminated. The acer is around 7 foot tall with a foot tall main trunk out of which several sturdy branches grow upwards. I dont think I will need a powerful light for this?

The rest of the garden will be covered in bluebells, snowdrops, and ferns. Is there some sort of lights which project the light horizontally at ground level? Something which produces a kind of foggy murky light?

The idea in my mind is for the acer to have the brighter light going upwards (as a focal point) and a few patches around the garden will have a softer dimmer light so as not to distract from the focal point.

Anyone know what I need and where is the best place to get it from?

• greenlovegreenlove Posts: 164

A few other questions I have are:

What sort of accessories do I need with the lights (transformers, cable, etc)? Can these lights (considering their low voltage) be plugged in a socket inside the house or do they need to be connected to a separate fuse in the fuse box?

• waterbuttswaterbutts Posts: 1,271

You could look at the website for David Village Lighting in Sheffield. They are a good company and might have something you like. Not cheap though.