London (change)
Today 23°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 14°C
5 messages
08/04/2013 at 00:53

I just found this page and it's very interesting

To use it google for latitude and longitude and where you are google hopefully will spit out some numbers.

now go here

http://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/sse/grid.cgi?email=tonyth2@gmail.com

and put these figures in. To get the best meterological data your height above sea level is also useful.

http://www.earthtools.org/ can help with that or gps info from a smart phone.

Now just let nasa tell you about where you live. From solar cooking to date of last frost temperatures and other stuff.

Lyn
08/04/2013 at 10:06

I am a bit of a computer numpty Blackest, what exactly do I need to do?

I have looked at our house on the maps and there is a picture of my mum washing up at the sink in a blue t shirt, I find that a bit scarry, you can see all the positions of the doors, windows, gates etc, all a burglar needs to plan his route in with out even having to come and case the joint.

08/04/2013 at 12:31

Lots of interesting information there but did you mean to give away your email address? I presume that the link you gave has your login details which you might not want to share with the world.

08/04/2013 at 13:02

thats not my email address its part of the call to the nasa api.

I am not that daft. thanks for pointing it out thou, it is nice of you.

Lyn you need to find the approximate location of where you are. For me that meant doing a google search for buttevant latitude and longitude. You might even find it in the address bar in google maps. The latitude will be 50 something and go in as is the longitude might need a little tweak i'm at 8. something west in ireland so i need to enter -8. something for my longitude if you are east of the Greenwich mean line. say in Lincolnshire then it might be 5 degrees something. Anyway there is a vast raft of data available for your area.

52.2330° N, 8.6670° W is what google returns for buttevant so its lattitude 52.2330 and longitude -8.6670.  (thats about 5 miles from me but close enough)   hope you find it useful

08/04/2013 at 13:44

Hi, useful tools, as i live close to the Thames flood plain always wondered what if, @Blackest, thanks for that link in Private clubs, there were tears!!!

email image
5 messages