London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
5 messages
18/03/2012 at 16:17

Hi, Just started studying horticulture and garden design, im looking for a guide to species of plants book, anyone recommend any good ones?

23/04/2012 at 16:21

There are literally hundreds of good and even excellent books out there - may I suggest you try your public library to start with, then you can see what sort of thing you do and don't want? Then yu can begin to buy as you feel happy with them.

23/04/2012 at 16:23

Also check in a charity shop.

15/05/2012 at 15:43

I've got a lot of the Hessayon Expert series from charity shops, anything by the RHS is good and often available.

The RHS What plant where, and also What plant when are two good reference books - small handy size, colour picks and organised into colour, season or ideal planting location.

Justin

05/06/2012 at 12:59
Amazon is your best bet - you can pick up second hand books often as cheap as a penny (although they'll charge up to ??5 P&P). After several years of leaving home I got my own set of my parents RHS and Readers Digest gardening books, for a fraction of the price, and also ones which are no longer in print, or I prefer the older version.
email image
5 messages