London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 10°C
21 to 30 of 30 messages
12/12/2013 at 10:29

Would burn ours stuff, but I forgot to leave a space for a fire when I did the garden layout. Doh!

Not sure my machinery ability is good at the moment. The leaf blower will not work and I have had to buy a new chain saw as the old one has given up the ghost.

12/12/2013 at 12:49

o dear berghill your not having a good time

i feel for you

James

14/12/2013 at 16:01

We try and compost as much as we can as well around the garden but wouldn't be without the shredder to be fair! Not sure what we would do without it now! It would mean far too many trips to the Tip!!

14/12/2013 at 17:56

New chainsaw arrived yesterday, so next time it stops howling gale and rain I will try it out.

Mechanic visiting tomorrow, may as well get some use out of my second son!

16/12/2013 at 10:27

Well, we stripped the Shredder and the piece which has broken is not the expensive spiral cutter, but a piece which scrapes the base plate and pushes the cuttings out of the machine. £20 as opposed to £81 or £365 plus.

Sent for one and then we shall see if we can fit it all back together.

The leaf blower has a problem with the carb. so if I can find out the make of the blower I may well be able to buy the piece for that too.

Again better than well over £100 for something I use very rarely in Autumn.

16/12/2013 at 11:20

Berghill is a petrol Vac better than a electric vac

I have a electric vac/blower & strimmer but Happy with the electric strimmer 

James

16/12/2013 at 12:04

Depends on how big ones garden is. The battery Vac best kind lasts about 20 minutes before needing charging. Not a lot of use on our half mile or so of paths. Ditto strimmers.

16/12/2013 at 19:21

Good news about the shredder repair Berghill.  What type of chainsaw did you get?  Mine is a Husqvarner and has been very reliable.  Biggest bind is sharpening the blades on the chain though - I usually use files and they don't seem to last very long - one sharpening and I need a new file!

16/12/2013 at 20:25

Bosch electric one. Found them very good. Chain sharpening is done with a round file, same file for the last 8 years, no trouble. Mechanic friend uses a Dremel Hobby thing to sharpen his. Not sure how though.

Daft thing, having a blade sharpened at the Hardware place is more expensive than buying a new blade.

16/12/2013 at 21:56

I just had a google for an attachment as I do have a Dremel - they look good.  My round files are probably some cheap rubbish I expect.

email image
21 to 30 of 30 messages