London (change)
Today 9°C / 7°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 8°C
14 messages
20/08/2013 at 21:49

Hi everyone,

Im am 21 year old whos just finished studing Countryside Management and Conservation at University, 

Always been a massive gardener and love to read Gardeners world.

Since finishing university i have been working a some what self employed gardner in some lovly gardens throughout cornwall. 

ive seen the oppunity to make money here and decided that borrowing tools off my grandad is no longer suitable and i need some of my own. 

Now from your eperience do the stimmers that cost under £100 di the job or is it best to invest the money on a big named brand

look forward to you replys and if you have time please check out my page im trying to raise some money for tools as my cars died so saving for a van

20/08/2013 at 21:53

Oh don't go there. Go fund yourself. Start with spelling lessons.

20/08/2013 at 21:53

Don't ask anybody here for a push Jacob. A lot of dodgy knees and backs.

I think you should buy the best tools you can afford. And buy ones that fit your body size. Nothing worse than struggling with something that is too big/small.

20/08/2013 at 21:54

ho hum 

21/08/2013 at 07:57

As you say nut- ho hum!!

It's just a load of old strimmers folks- fidget's right. 

21/08/2013 at 09:49

Smokin, its a scam. He's not after your advice, just your money.

Either that or university educations have really been dumbed down.

21/08/2013 at 10:37

Do you know we had a gardener in my home Village (Market Rasen) that use to have a trailer on the back of his push bike and got all his tools from the local tip.Also in his spare time he was a ditch digger for the council and always had a scythe and sickle in his trailer 

sum kids

21/08/2013 at 17:50

I didn't say you were a scam, smokin, just that the original posting is. If you dont believe me ,click on the link he has "gofundme"

21/08/2013 at 18:02

Me to Fidget 

smokin I looked at the link before I wrote my post as well 

by the way the gardener story is true that man could clear ditches for miles in a day it was amazing OK it was 20 years ago 

21/08/2013 at 18:39

If it's not a scam then God help us all because if that's the standard of grammar and spelling by someone capable of getting to University - the entire education system needs a serious kick in the nads.

21/08/2013 at 22:14

Personally I think this bloke is probably not even in the uk. probably nigeria or phillipines.

As fairygirl says, if that is current university standard, gawd help us.

I was idling through some internet shopping sites. There is a fake one for mulberry handbags on special. Its hilarious. Its so obviously written by someone with a bad dictionary, translating from ???, but the sad thing is , it pulls some people in.

Last week I had a letter from someone purporting to be in China, promising me millions if I would let him pay an inheritance through my bank account.  Yeah really, I just give them my bank account details, and all of a sudden it gets drained. Oh and he says I should keep it secret. The shame is I don't  have a bank account in that name anymore, and havn't since I got divorced 18 years ago.

22/08/2013 at 07:39

Re 'nads' SD- you're a man and I'm not. You have them and I don't..........

23/08/2013 at 17:16

Don thaks for the story about the car I now can't stop smiling to myself, classic

of for a ice cream now

06/10/2015 at 10:12

Yep could be a scam and the speeling does leave a lot to be desired but then again so does mine and I have four trades behind me so I'm not exactly thick (Gardening, Weaving x 3, Security consultant/troubleshooter and Marine engineer if any one is curious) and I can't spell to save my life so that's neither here nor there, if it's a scam fine, we've all twigged to it but answering the question won't hurt and may help others out there.

For private use in your own garden/plot or whatever a cheap strimmer is fine as its only being used occasionally but for business use where its pretty much used as a workhorse go for a good quality strimmer and not necessarily a branded one, half the time your just paying for the name not the quality, try researching through Which or something similar and see which one they recommend. Cheap tools may seem like a saving at the time but the amount of extra effort needed to keep them running or sharpened can make it a false economy by the best you can then gradually upgrade them.

email image
14 messages