Start a new thread

1 to 7 of 7 replies

Cranesbill

Has anyone heard of or used this?.It supposed to be a wildlife, pet friendly Slug Guard.

weejenny

Ive just googled it, its a granule 100% natural and for what i quickly looked at £6.95 for three litres so not a bad price either. I wonder if its available in my local garden centre Ill look out for it. thanks Cranesbill

cutie

Also found on

http://www.organiccatalogue.com/Pest-Control-Slugs-and-Snails/c61_179/index.html

a really good site to .

Green Magpie

If it's the stuff I think it is, you have to use an awful lot of it, as it needs to form a physical barrier right round the plant or plants, which slugs/snails can't or won't cross. Fine grit or gravel would do a similar job (although they're not cheap either). Or crushed eggshells, but you need a lot of that too - each egg ony yields about a teaspoon of crushed shell.

On the plus side, the Slug Stoppa is not unattractive around plants, looking a bit like pale grit. But one packet won't go very far.

Cranesbill

thanks for the info,saw it for sale in my local Home and Bargain store.

Advertisement

derrick hammer

As we have a courtyard garden our plants are in pots we use adhesive copper barrier tape we find it very effective

Pennine Petal
Love your slugs and snails, they have a job to do too! Having said that they are just munching their way through my new dianthus.........