The newly restored four-tier sunken garden has been returned to its Victorian heyday, displaying a kaleidoscope of colours and plants. The historically important Temple Water area is also being restored, reinstating its original lakeside walk and viewing points. There are woodland and shoreline trails to explore, and you can visit the Georgian farmyard, which featured in the TV series Game of Thrones.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Castle Ward
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Card valid for the whole property
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Purchase 1 ticket online for 2 persons admission
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open all year, daily, 10am-6pm (4pm Nov- Feb)
Adults & seniors £10, children (5-15) £5. Booking may be required – see website