This simple design is made using dogwood stems and long-lasting rosehips, although you could easily use other berries. Hang it where you can easily view any visiting birds – you could attach it to a fence or shed, for example.
More Christmas makes:
- Making a Christmas wreath
- Making a Christmas candle holder (video)
- Making a Christmas holly star (video)
You Will Need
- Several dogwood stems – both red and green
- 10 sprigs of rosehips or other berries
- Florist's wire
Bend the two dogwood stems together and tie them loosely into a loop, using florist’s wire to secure them. Then weave in more stems, ideally using alternate colours.
As you weave in the stems, gently bend the frame into a circle. Use secateurs to trim any ends sticking out from the frame to create a strong, even loop.
Push sprigs of rosehips into the circle of stems, making sure they are tightly packed so they don’t fall out. Secure with florist’s wire if necessary.