More winter container displays:
- Rosemary and pansy container display
- Cyclamen, heather and bulb container display
- Erica, cornus and ophiopogon pot display
Follow these easy steps to plant up this skimmia, heuchera and cyclamen pot display.
You Will Need
- Skimmia japonica 'Fragrans'
- Heuchera 'Lime Marmalade'
- Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens'
- Pink cyclamen
- Large pot
- Multi-purpose compost
Place a layer of crocks at the bottom of the pot, then fill three-quarters fill with compost. Plant the skimmia in the centre of the container, to the same depth in the new compost as it was in its previous pot. Position the heuchera plants around it, on either side.
Fill in gaps at the edge of the pot with the ophiopogon and cyclamen plants.
Fill around the plants with compost, to within 5cm of the rim, firming around the plants with your fingers to squeeze out any air pockets. Water the container thoroughly and allow to drain before moving it to its final position.
Both the skimmia and the heuchera will be happy planted out into a shady spot in the garden in spring.