The themes of art and science are woven through this historic walled garden. It contains the longest rose archway in Scotland, over a double- helix DNA path, as well as herbaceous borders and a grass labyrinth. In the parterre, you’ll find vegetables, herbs and espalier apple trees, alongside a unique National Collection of daffodils bred by the owner’s ancestors. Beyond is an alpine garden and a woodland walk to the ruined Covenanter’s Tomb.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Backhouse Rossie Estate
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 50%
- Card not valid on 17 & 18 Apr, 28 Jun, 26 & 27 Sep
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Purchase 1 Gardeners' World ticket for 2 persons admission. Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open 1 Apr-27 Sep, Wed-Sun, 10am-4pm
Adults £5.50, seniors £4.50, children (5-15) £3.50. Booking advisable – walk-up may also be available