Built in 1717, the walled garden features cottage-garden planting with mature fruit trees and a wisteria-clad pergola leading to richly planted herbaceous borders. There’s also a herb garden, heritage orchard and nature trail. Take the lakeside walk for seasonal displays of snowdrops, daffodils and bluebells.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Middleton Hall & Gardens
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Use discount code Select GW2for1 on website drop down box
- Card valid for the whole property. Card not valid on charity days or event days with reduced entry prices – see website for details
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Purchase 1 adult ticket and 1 Gardeners' World ticket online. Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
For up-to-date opening details, see website
Adults & seniors £7, children (5-15) £2. Booking essential – see website